Just booked Breeze!! 2nd carnival cruise in a row.

taymiss2

Jumped the NCL ship and sailed the Dream in March. Now booking Carnival again. Kids are finally in college so aren't as tied to spring break vacations so going the first week in January. Whoo Hoo!! All new ports to research which will fill the empty nester time on my hands.

I usually spend a lot of time choosing my cabin but threw caution to the wind and booked balcony guarantee. Wish me luck! Are there obstructed view balcony's that I need to be concerned about? Now I am going to second guess my self.

There aren't any obstructed view balcony cabins on the Dream class, per se.

However, the way the Promenade deck (deck 5) juts out, it does give the few decks with balconies just above it (I'd say decks 6 and 7, maybe even deck 8) an "obstructed view" because when you look out, you see the Promenade deck directly below you instead of total ocean views. Also, deck 6 balconies aren't as private as the higher decks because people walking around on the Promenade deck can look up into your balcony. Also some people may consider cove balconies on deck 2 to be "obstructed" since they tend to be shaded by the overhanging life boats, much to the dismay of sunbathers that enjoy lounging in the sun on their balconies.

Generally speaking, there really aren't any bad balconies on the Dream class. There are just some that are better than others in terms of the views they provide. Balconies on higher decks will give you less restrictive views due to their distance from the Promenade deck, and deck 2 cove balconies will give excellent ocean views since you are so close to the water line, but aren't ideal for sun bathing.

My favorite balcony type of any class ship on any cruise line is the cove balcony on deck 2 of Dream class ships. I love the fact that they are quiet and shaded and private. Everyone likes different things about balconies. I hope you get a cove balcony, but I am biased.

Either way, enjoy!!!

Thank you! That gives me a little more perspective. We had a deck 8 balcony on the Dream so I understand what you are saying about deck 6 and 7. I want to be in the shade most of the time so that won't bother me about the cove's . Getting a cove wouldn't be my first choice but we can deal if we get one.

I find nothing wrong with deck 7 on the Dream class ships. It has a one deck buffer from the Promenade deck and at least a one deck buffer above you. I have never had an "obstructed" view caused by the Promenade deck even when standing up. When you are sitting, you do not see any of the Promenade deck. Deck 6 can experience some noise; especially if you are in the aft part over the night clubs and music venues. You get that "thump, thump, thump" of the bass!

These comments are also true of the Conquest class ships.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise