Private tours?

katienycgrl

A group of 20 cruise critcs went with Patouche on Sept. 20 and had a wonderful time!! It was $90 pp (with a booking in advance) and we had breakfast muffins, lunch and all you could drink. We went to Virgin Gorda and the Baths and Cooper Island. Snorkeled and swam at both stops. The crew did a wonderful job on the catamaran and we just had a great time - trip went from 9 - 4. We all would highly recommend http://www.patouche.com. Best day of our cruise.

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...

We had prearranged with Julie to have a taxi at the pier - open air safari type vehicle that took 20 of us there - can't remember the cost, but it wasn't bad - only about 1 mile away. I cannot remember how much time we actually spent there - we snorkeled into the beach and then climbed thru the Baths (all with the crew providing history) and then swam around a little bit and back on the boat - maybe 1 - 1 & 1/2 hours total?? Had so much fun didn't pay attention to time. Yes, it was a catamaran.

Peggy

Thanks for your info on the Patouche, Peggy.

I am the group leader for 40+ adults going to Tortola next April. My group is very interested in this tour so it's nice to know that you enjoyed it.

We also call at Antigua, St. Thomas, San Juan and Nassau. Did you also stop at any of these ports and if so anymore good tours to reccommend?

Thanks

renee

Renee - we also stopped in St. Thomas and Nassau. My DH and I just took the ferry over to St. John and went to Trunk Bay. I know there are quite a few daysails also in St. Thomas, but we opted to do it in Tortola, since so many cc'ers were also going with Patouche. I know Sonny Liston and Godfrey's have tours in St. Thomas -sightseeing, shopping and stopping at a beach - have seen good reports on both and they look reasonable.

We are not big fans of Nassau, so we just walked to Lighthouse Beach and back to the ship - I don't care for aggressive people getting in my face trying to sell me stuff! I guess the big draw there is Atlantis and you could take the water ferry or taxi there - we did that the 1st time and lost our money and back to the ship.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy for additional info. We have been to Trunk many times before so will look for another daysail trip around St. Thomas and possibly a secluded beach. Been to Nassau in the early 80's, not much to do then but the straw market. Hope that we can find something a bit different to do there too.

Thanks again

Frequent Floater:

I just left you a message on another thread. As I said I will be on the inaugural Eastern Caribbean sailing on Liberty. I am part of a group of 100, so we also do our own private tours. If we pick up on any good tours, I can collect the info for you. One of our group leaders is an incredible haggler and gets us tours for incredible rates. We have most of our tours planned but we are still finalizing Tortola and Nassau. Let me know if I can help.

Check out the last page in this thread for a summary of what we are doing...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=93270&page=7

Archived