Just so you know

Jeffrey1950

Speaking of doors, how about we all try and not let our doors not slam, not matter what category they may be. Also, (here's my gripe) if you want to have a conversation, go stand in a public area, not in the hallway. There's nothing like trying to go to sleep when people are having loud conversations right outside your door. Doesn't matter if it's early or late, if they are drunk or sober. Remember, we are all keeping different hours. Heck, there might even be a parent in there trying to keep a baby sleeping who will keep the rest of the floor asleep.

(Thanks for letting me gripe!)

I also do not like door slamming. My boys can't seem to figure this one out at home either. I think it get's worse with an open window.

This. omg. Carnival is so much more noisy than the other cruise lines. I didn't sleep much. I could hear all the doors opening and closing. It seems impossible to quietly close the doors.

One night, 2 couples were in the hallway, motn, talking, laughing and having fun. ***? My kid hears someone running in the hallway 'how rude! they should know to walk and be quiet!'

Yes, my 4 year old knows to use her library voice and walk quietly in the halls. However, the balcony door was too heavy for her to really close correctly, and by day 3 I no longer cared, I had to deal with others being loud, and smoking, they could deal.

Worse though, are all the stupid 'this is your cruise director' announcements in the hallway. If I wanted to know what was going on, I'd read! RCL and Disney? I only heard for muster and leaving the ship! Otherwise, so quiet.

opps, what was the original topic?

I have wondered why they don't put sliding doors on the balconies and doors on the showers instead of those awful curtains. We all know what its like to get attacked by the shower curtain sticking to you while you are trying to take a shower. Not to mention it would keep the water off the floor. Slamming the cabin door is also a problem.

Because the sliders have their own issues. Every Princess cruise in a balcony cabin we've had to call to get the slider fixed.

I've given up on trying to make the balcony doors close quietly on Carnival. They are heavy and I'm not holding a heavy door for over a minute so it will be quiet. That's just the way they're built.

I'm sympathetic, but the hallway IS a public area.

I'm sympathetic between midnight and 6 am. The rest of the time a hallway is a public area and many people continue conversations outside their rooms. Aren't the hallways carpeted, which helps absorb sound.

And if people are hearing through the walls aren't people in adjoining cabins equally as noisy as those in the hallway. All the walls of the rooms are equally sound insulated as far as I know. If sound travels so well why don't we hear our neighbors showers, toilets, etc.

I'm sympathetic between midnight and 6 am. The rest of the time a hallway is a public area and many people continue conversations outside their rooms. Aren't the hallways carpeted, which helps absorb sound.

And if people are hearing through the walls aren't people in adjoining cabins equally as noisy as those in the hallway. All the walls of the rooms are equally sound insulated as far as I know. If sound travels so well why don't we hear our neighbors showers, toilets, etc.

midnight and 6am? do you really only get 6 hours of sleep a night? I'm on vacation, I want to SLEEP.

I've never heard from the rooms next to us, only in the hallways. The walls are insulated, but the door frame isn't, the fact that so much light comes in from around the door proves them.

I guess next cruise, I'll walk my crying infant up and down the hallway, so dd and dh can sleep in the room. We'll see how sound proof those walls are, or how many people THEN think the halls are public areas.

(sorry, I'm still bitter about the lack of consideration people seem to have on Carnival in the hallways. )

This message is in response to the comments made on the PREVIOUS PAGE from a poster who evidently thinks I am wrong for putting on here about the email that I received and this is my response... Sorry I put it in the wrong place.I guess because no one likes having the wool pulled over their eyes it may not bother some but I am sure there are plenty that are offended by this so why should we not spread the word. Who actually has the given right when we have all paid to be on the ship to decide who should show up early and who should not. Most people have made arrangements before hand myself for instance with a car service why should I go to the bother changing all my plans before because someone wants to stagger the passengers showing up and what about the people that fly in that day for the cruise what do you think they thought when they saw that email if they got it. I am sorry but as long as I have paid good money I will continue to go when it suits me. If you recall in my original posting it was a Carnival rep who in the end admitted this to me so if she could"tell" why should I not? I am sure there were lot's of people who were glad to know this.....this seems to be the only negative comment about it. But then it would be a rotten world if we all agreed!!

Edited by Jeffrey1950

Slamming...not just the balcony doors, but the cabin entry doors too, late in the evening. And I agree with an earlier post about chatting in the halls in front of others' cabin doors late in the evening or early morning. Wish people would just think...

When I sail from Tampa, I like to get to the port around 1:30 or 2:00 because the lines are gone and we are able to virtually walk right on. And the cabins are ready. But Tampa is close to home so it works for us.

This time sailing from Fort Lauderdale for the first time, we will go early and get a zone number.