Pregnancy advice

kimmy_bos

I believe the limit is you cannot have started or will enter your 24th week before or during the sailing.

They have not been requiring notes as I understand it, but that could change soon with this emergency delivery that happened.

I would say it is up to your comfort level - the ship is not equipped to handle serious pregnancy related medical issues, which anything happening at 13 weeks I would think would be.

you should be fine but you do need a doctors not saying you have no health issues and that you are how far along:

Pregnancy

Royal Caribbean International welcomes pregnant guests,

but cannot accept guests who will be entering their 24th

week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time

during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician’s ‘Fit To Travel’

note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the

cruise and confirming that you are in good health and

not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The ‘Fit to Travel’

note should be faxed to the Access Department at Fax:

954.628.9622. Please contact us at +1.866.592.7225 or

at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

you should be fine but you do need a doctors not saying you have no health issues and that you are how far along:

Pregnancy

Royal Caribbean International welcomes pregnant guests,

but cannot accept guests who will be entering their 24th

week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time

during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician’s ‘Fit To Travel’

note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the

cruise and confirming that you are in good health and

not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The ‘Fit to Travel’

note should be faxed to the Access Department at Fax:

954.628.9622. Please contact us at +1.866.592.7225 or

at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

The policy of requiring a DR's note changed last year around August/September. Royal no longer requires a note but guests still need to sign and state that they are not more than 24 weeks pregnant . Unfortunately there is still a section of the website that is out of date although if you just type in pregnant in the search field it will bring up the current information.

Q: Can I cruise if I am pregnant?

A: Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. All guests are required to sign a health questionnaire at check-in to ensure they are aware of our pregnancy policy. If you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement, please contact your Travel Agent or call us at (866) 562-7625 and request a Resolution Agent.

From an email sent me May 1 of this year, when I referenced the link given in this thread.

We no longer require our pregnant guests to submit a fit to travel letter from the doctor. Since this is a new change made to our pregnancy policy it has not been updated on our website as yet, our team is currently working on this change. We are still requiring our guests to be under the 24 weeks of pregnancy in order to sail. Our guests cannot be entering, or have entered, the 24th week of pregnancy at the time during the sailing or cruise tour.

I emailed special needs and I got this response;Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inquiry.

We no longer require our pregnant guests to submit a fit to travel letter from the doctor. Since this is a new change made to our pregnancy policy it has not been updated on our website as yet, our team is currently working on this change. We are still requiring our guests to be under the 24 weeks of pregnancy in order to sail. Our guests cannot be entering, or have entered, the 24th week of pregnancy at the time during the sailing or cruise tour.

Guests will be required to fill out a Public Health Questionnaire at the pier.

We do appreciate your understanding and cooperation to our new changes. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Access Staff

Tracy

[THREAD ID:1-3WAXJ86]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 09/14/2015 03:49:28 PM

To: "special_needs@rccl.com" <special_needs@rccl.com>

Subject: Allure of the Seas

Hi

I am on the 8th October sailing on the allure. I am expecting and will be c. 15 weeks pregnant at the end of the cruise.

Please can you detail if I need a note from my doctor to confirm this or do I simple need to sign the health declaration at the pier in Rome before embarkation?

Many thanks

Kim Blanchard

Sent from my iPad