Feeling a bit deflated with X

debtel007

I purchased a TV recently and two weeks later it was on sale. The company wouldnt listen to my complaints either. These big businesses just rip us off every time!

I know this point has been made before BUT you have the TV I don't have the cruise yet!

Would all the people that are complaining about celebrity's pricing phone up to offer to pay more when the price of their cruise goes up... 😱

It's a simple system... Only book a cruise that your happy to book at the price your happy to pay for the deal that your happy to take... It's like any business prices go up and down and if you get a great deal great... If there's a better one after you have booked then either cancel & re-book, cancel altogether and stay at home or just remember you were happy to book in the first place! 😏

Except that in the US, Celebrity customers can re-book at lower prices with no loss of deposit up to final payment date.

Stuart

Except that in the US, Celebrity customers can re-book at lower prices with no loss of deposit up to final payment date.

Stuart

Then book in the U.S. Then? That's what I do! [emoji16]

I know this point has been made before BUT you have the TV I don't have the cruise yet!

But you have the booking!

Nobody else can book the cabin that you have reserved. It's yours. And you can now make plans around that e.g. flights and accommodation.

I suppose all X sites around the world have a "Terms and conditions" that states what the conditions are regarding payments, deposits and so on. It's also everyone's responsibility to check them... :)

Different countries have different customer protections due to the law and some have stronger customer protection (by law) then others. And a company have to follow them as a minimum.

I'm also sure that X - if they really wanted it - can have better terms and conditions than the statutory rules. Not likely that will happen though...

Not beeing from US: I can rebook for a lower price without losing deposit thanks to the consumer protection law - but it will cost at least 5% of the original fare + admin fee.

Good or bad? Would depend on the saving I can make....

Thanks for the replies. I will ignore the know it all comments but they are very few.

I spoke to X after being on hold for 30 minutes and they apologised for a manager forgetting to call me back!! They are saying that I would have to cancel and lose the £300 deposit then re book with a new £300 deposit. If that seems fair then fine, my opinion is different.

As to the person who said they wouldn't check the prices again, 1) that's probably not true and 2) the only reason I did was because my sister wanted to book to come with us. Now X have lost us all.

Booking a cruise should not be a gamble as to when you book it. If cruise lines prices were just fair in the first place then you wouldn't have to.

Would all the people that are complaining about celebrity's pricing phone up to offer to pay more when the price of their cruise goes up... [emoji33]

It's a simple system... Only book a cruise that your happy to book at the price your happy to pay for the deal that your happy to take... It's like any business prices go up and down and if you get a great deal great... If there's a better one after you have booked then either cancel & re-book, cancel altogether and stay at home or just remember you were happy to book in the first place! [emoji57]

I have to agree with this sentiment.

THAT is the most outrageous thing I've EVER heard! :eek:

You're going to cut the number of threads here on cruise critic in half! ;) :D :rolleyes:

I always love the humor you bring to any topic; however, in this case, having half the number of complaint threads would be a great thing. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I booked a cruise for October but had to cancel, because I am elite they transferred the £300 deposit onto a "dummy" booking and held it for me until I choose another cruise, I was told I would get the perks that were available at the time of the booking.

Yesterday I rang to have my deposit put on a Baltics cruise for next May, the current offer is half price for second person and drinks. I was told that because it's not a new booking I can't have the offer and would have to pay £951 more than the offer price and not get a drinks package if I used my deposit. I explained that I was told I could get any perks with my new booking but was told this was wrong.

So I can have the offer as long as I pay a new £300 deposit, whilst I still have £300 sat on a dummy booking.

Am I bothered about this? No it's the rules, I was told wrong, someone human made a mistake

Will this put me off Celebrity? No it's the rules

I've had many issues over the years with Celebrity either on the phone or on their website, where the decisions that they make simply do not make sense. The right arm often doesn't know what the left arm is doing. I've booked cruises on board with certain perks to then later have not been given those perks!

BUT the ONLY loser in cancelling a booking or not sailing with Celebrity is me, they wouldn't care. As long as the ships, food and service are to MY liking then imo cancelling bookings is cutting ones nose off to spite ones face :D

I booked a cruise for October but had to cancel, because I am elite they transferred the £300 deposit onto a "dummy" booking and held it for me until I choose another cruise, I was told I would get the perks that were available at the time of the booking.

Yesterday I rang to have my deposit put on a Baltics cruise for next May, the current offer is half price for second person and drinks. I was told that because it's not a new booking I can't have the offer and would have to pay £951 more than the offer price and not get a drinks package if I used my deposit. I explained that I was told I could get any perks with my new booking but was told this was wrong.

So I can have the offer as long as I pay a new £300 deposit, whilst I still have £300 sat on a dummy booking.

Am I bothered about this? No it's the rules, I was told wrong, someone human made a mistake

Will this put me off Celebrity? No it's the rules

I've had many issues over the years with Celebrity either on the phone or on their website, where the decisions that they make simply do not make sense. The right arm often doesn't know what the left arm is doing. I've booked cruises on board with certain perks to then later have not been given those perks!

BUT the ONLY loser in cancelling a booking or not sailing with Celebrity is me, they wouldn't care. As long as the ships, food and service are to MY liking then imo cancelling bookings is cutting ones nose off to spite ones face :D

I know you are right but it just annoys me and yes I do feel deflated still. If only their customer service was as good as on board they would be a world beater. We love Aqua and that is the only reason we go on X. My wife may have other ideas about my stroppy sulking wanting to cancel attitude.

Thanks for the replies. I will ignore the know it all comments but they are very few.

Booking a cruise should not be a gamble as to when you book it. If cruise lines prices were just fair in the first place then you wouldn't have to.

If you think like that then surely you would never buy anything!

Houses can go up/down... Can you get a refund if it goes down... No!

Flights can go up/down... Can you get a refund if it goes down... No!

Fuel can go up/down... Can you get a refund if it goes down... No!

Food can go up/down... Can you get a refund if it goes down... No!

Hotels can go up/down... Can you get a refund if it goes down on a specific non refundable booking... No!

I could continue... Point being the price on pretty much anything can change and it's not just cruises that stick to their t&cs!

As for being fair... Surely you considered the fare to be fair in the first place! It's just they got better... Some you win some you lose that's the way of life I'm afraid! [emoji57]

Our last cruise, I booked fairly far in advance, something I do not usually do. About 5 months after booking the cruise, the price went up significantly:eek:.

As a responsible consumer, I called Celebrity with my credit card information in order to pay the difference.

Imagine my surprise when they would not accept the additional payment:eek:

This customer service is just horrible.

Our last cruise, I booked fairly far in advance, something I do not usually do. About 5 months after booking the cruise, the price went up significantly:eek:.

As a responsible consumer, I called Celebrity with my credit card information in order to pay the difference.

Imagine my surprise when they would not accept the additional payment:eek:

This customer service is just horrible.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This statement doesn't make sense.

You made the booking in the first place. But now you imply it was unfairly priced. So why would you book it if it was unfairly priced then?

This statement doesn't make sense.

You made the booking in the first place. But now you imply it was unfairly priced. So why would you book it if it was unfairly priced then?

100% Agreed!