Reef and Wreck Snorkel on RCCL?

widallas

We were just on Freedom last week and did the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel. Not the exact same tour, but close. You go to two different spots to snorkel, one is a reef and the other is a sunken ship. We had a blast, the sunken ship site was really cool. There were other people there scuba diving, but the water is shallow enough you can see the boat while snorkeling and can swim down 10-15 feet and be at the top of the boat. Got some great pics and videos with the GoPro.

If that is excursion GC33, I was on it several years ago. I had a great time.

When the tenders head to shore, one sees groups of snorkelers about 100m - 150m off-shore. They are exploring the "reef" and "wreck". So the locations are actually between the ships and pier.

At the assembly area, we were loaded on a bus for a short drive, (about 5 minutes), to the dive boat. The boat was fairly large, probably able to handle several hundred people. Once everyone was aboard we headed out to the first stop. I have no idea if the same boat is still doing the excursion. One of the nice features were glass viewports in the hull bottom for those who decided not to go in, or who were too tired to keep swimming.