Gem room 11024

skeeter195

Has anyone stayed in room 11024 on the Gem? I asked for room 11006(still available), but got assigned 11024. The reason my rep gave me that one was because it is more mid-ship. My concern is the noise from above. It looks like 11024 is under where the actual pool deck starts which could be noisy I think at times. Any thoughts? Thanks

This handy web site will let you drag the deck plan from one deck onto another, just for the purposes you are asking about.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Gem

If you drag Deck 12 of the Gem onto Deck 11, it looks like 11024 is pretty much under the Photo Studio, but please don't trust me with your decision. Look at these yourself! (And I have no idea whether you'll hear pool deck noise when you are out on the balcony of 11024....)

Hi

Stayed in room 11023 across the hall

The gym was above us and we did get noise from about 6.30 am

On the last night half the deck complained to guest services about hammering and work noises from the pool service areas which is the empty space in the middle of this deck

Having said that I assume these pool work noises were bad luck and I wouldn't have any issues staying in your room ( the card room is above you)

Has anyone stayed in room 11024 on the Gem? I asked for room 11006(still available), but got assigned 11024. The reason my rep gave me that one was because it is more mid-ship. My concern is the noise from above. It looks like 11024 is under where the actual pool deck starts which could be noisy I think at times. Any thoughts? Thanks

I stayed in this cabin and didn't hear any noise. Loved the bathroom!:)

I did my research and booked 11006 (going in February) because of complaints about pool deck. Read some of the room reviews on cruise critic board which may be specific. Good luck- when are you going?

Edited by 2boyzmom

Who did you ask for your room assignment and who moved you to another room? Any decent TA and certainly a NCL PCC should put you in the room you asked for if it's available! I would call back and get the room I wanted.

• 3 months later...
I did my research and booked 11006 (going in February) because of complaints about pool deck. Read some of the room reviews on cruise critic board which may be specific. Good luck- when are you going?

Just stumbled across this thread - we will be in 11006 the trip before you with our 2 boys! This is our 2nd time in this cabin - we love it. The only noise we heard was the last night, they were moving stuff around in the salon at midnight. One call to the salon (with no answer) from our room and it instantly stopped. We are counting down the days.

Just stumbled across this thread - we will be in 11006 the trip before you with our 2 boys! This is our 2nd time in this cabin - we love it. The only noise we heard was the last night' date=' they were moving stuff around in the salon at midnight. One call to the salon (with no answer) from our room and it instantly stopped. We are counting down the days.[/quote']

Awesome!! Getting so excited.