Chair hogs

jkneern

can anyone comment on chair hogs on the GEM? Our last cruise on BA was impossible to find a chair by the pool (we did enjoy spice H20-a hidden secret until the last day but no pool). We don't want to be out at the pool by 8a to get a seat. Do the attendants actually monitor the chairs with towels placed on them before sunrise and never have a person in them until noon or later? I don't want to police the place myself just to get a chair, it does get frustrating. Hoping it won't be to bad but really stinks when all chairs around the pool are "taken" and no one sitting in them.

can anyone comment on chair hogs on the GEM? Our last cruise on BA was impossible to find a chair by the pool (we did enjoy spice H20-a hidden secret until the last day but no pool). We don't want to be out at the pool by 8a to get a seat. Do the attendants actually monitor the chairs with towels placed on them before sunrise and never have a person in them until noon or later? I don't want to police the place myself just to get a chair, it does get frustrating. Hoping it won't be to bad but really stinks when all chairs around the pool are "taken" and no one sitting in them.

Not sure exactly where you find it but there are lots and lots of threads with postings numbering in the hundreds on chair hogging. Find them and read and or post.

Not sure exactly where you find it but there are lots and lots of threads with postings numbering in the hundreds on chair hogging. Find them and read and or post.

Oh I have just looking for some recent comments. Carnival seems to have it under control wondering about the GEM

I've found the Gem to be just as bad as The Breakaway when it's warm out and the ship is at sea. I've been on 3 NCL different ships (and repeated visits on two of the ships) and there's always a chair hogging situation from what I've seen, unfortunately.

I've only used the pool on a ship once and it was while we were docked in the Dominican Republic (on the Gem) and I came back to the ship about 4 hours before all aboard time, so it was mostly empty. All the other times, it just doesn't seem worth the hassle to me with how small the pools are and trying to find a chair.

Was on the Gem in June and yes there are chair hogs. If you want a chair near the pool you have to get up early. It's annoying that people put their things down and don't come back until hours later. I didn't bother. Go to the top deck and there are plenty of lounges and no chair hogs up there. There is a huge shower that you can cool yourself with. Loved the Gem, have a great trip.

No worries..there are PLENTY of loungers. They may not all be right beside the pool...but who cares? They are within easy distance! If there are banks of chairs with just a towel...find a pool attendant and they will take care of it.

Edited by cb at sea