Differences among hi-cost suites?

ddcruiser

I may have missed a thread or two on the subject, but there are a couple of things in those FAQs that stand out to me.

The first one is:

What are the operating hours of Luminae?

Luminae is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.

Breakfast and dinner hours mirror those of the Main Restaurant (which vary slightly by ship and itinerary).

There has been a LOT of discussion about limited hours for breakfast and lunch. This appears (to me) to be new information and would put an end to those complaints.

And:

What is the dedicated private restaurant?

Luminae is the dedicated restaurant reserved exclusively for Suite Class guests.

Each meal features unique menus that offer dishes not available anywhere else onboard.

Guests can immerse themselves in the local culture with specially crafted menus inspired by the local destination, and enjoy the world’s best ingredients.

The Suite Class chef can provide a tailor made experience to suite guests and prepare a dish to their liking, and the Master Sommelier will select from more than 450 wines to provide the perfect pairing.

No mention of locally provided ingredients. I suspect that proved to be very difficult on an on-going basis.

Edited by bob278

Thank you

Another question for the suite experts, On the dinner room service what menu(s) can you order from ? Luminae, the MDR, specialty?

You can order from the suite room service menu and the MDR menus. When asked about ordering form specialty restaurants, including Luminae and Blu (which share kitchen space with he MDR on M-Class) we've been told "no" however, when we've order off menu items reasonable special requests are met but it does Barry butler to butler (ship to ship?). We've found the best butlers come with a food and beverage background.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Here's the confusing part for me. Before Big, Better, Best, you received the perks for the RS and PH with no question---yes, those things were paid for in your fare, but there was no question that you were getting ALL the perks. But now, unless I'm misunderstanding, if you don't select Best, and pay the Best fare, you will not get all the suite perks. Isn't that the case? It doesn't matter if you book the PH, unless you pay the top fare, with the four perks, you will not get those four perks.

Here's the confusing part for me. Before Big, Better, Best, you received the perks for the RS and PH with no question---yes, those things were paid for in your fare, but there was no question that you were getting ALL the perks. But now, unless I'm misunderstanding, if you don't select Best, and pay the Best fare, you will not get all the suite perks. Isn't that the case? It doesn't matter if you book the PH, unless you pay the top fare, with the four perks, you will not get those four perks.

Not what I understand at all. Suite perks have not changed.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I've seen the cost difference between a CS and RS close to departure be pretty small, and the difference in benefits can be significant, including: starting w RS, you get unlimited free meals in the specialty restaurants, complimentary premium drink package, 2 bottles of complimentary booze for your room, unlimited wi-fi for the entire cruise, two full bathrooms, and a hot tub on the balcony.

On S class the second bathroom in a Royal Suite is a half bath, toilet and sink only (not shower or tub).

Suite perks are independent of BBB.

So if in RS one would be stupid to elect BEST pricing, since they already get Premium beverages and internet. Better option should only be chosen for cruises 9 days or longer to get the gratuities paid for 2, otherwise stick with Big and $300 OBC.

WARNING: Do not book a Penthouse. You will be spoiled for the rest of your cruising days. You can't beat the perks, service, and roominess of your "cabin", size of the bathroom, etc. We did a PH on the Summit recently and are having great difficulty planning our next cruise. We can't seem to be able to even consider "settling" for a Royal. :)

Suite perks are independent of BBB.

So if in RS one would be stupid to elect BEST pricing, since they already get Premium beverages and internet. Better option should only be chosen for cruises 9 days or longer to get the gratuities paid for 2, otherwise stick with Big and $300 OBC.

OK, I get it, but here's where my confusion starts. When you go online and book a PH, you're given the choice of BBB, with the same increase in perks that you get if you're booking a 2A under the BBB. So, if you're getting all the perks for being in a PH, why on God's Green Earth do they have the BBB for the two biggest suites (three suites on Reflection) if you're supposed to get those perks automatically? Is this a scam on the part of Celebrity to get people to pick the Best option, thinking they won't get those perks unless they pay the higher fare for the Best option?

OK, I get it, but here's where my confusion starts. When you go online and book a PH, you're given the choice of BBB, with the same increase in perks that you get if you're booking a 2A under the BBB. So, if you're getting all the perks for being in a PH, why on God's Green Earth do they have the BBB for the two biggest suites (three suites on Reflection) if you're supposed to get those perks automatically? Is this a scam on the part of Celebrity to get people to pick the Best option, thinking they won't get those perks unless they pay the higher fare for the Best option?

I hate to hijack this thread and turn it into an IT one, there are enough of those. The problem is more like the totally inadequate inability of their IT booking systems to differentiate cabin types at booking. The system simply offer all of the options to all of the cabins. Someone in marketing may theorize it's cheaper to deal with the service aspect for the few who figure it out on the back end than actually pay to upgrade the IT / booking engine to a system that works as it should. You also should note that the current cruise booking engine is likely pretty old and wasn't designed with options like this in mind. They really need to abandon it and start from the ground up, but there are big costs to that as well.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I may have missed a thread or two on the subject, but there are a couple of things in those FAQs that stand out to me.

The first one is:

What are the operating hours of Luminae?

Luminae is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.

Breakfast and dinner hours mirror those of the Main Restaurant (which vary slightly by ship and itinerary).

There has been a LOT of discussion about limited hours for breakfast and lunch. This appears (to me) to be new information and would put an end to those complaints.

I think there is still an issue here. The MDR is open for very limited hours (actually, 90 minutes, I believe) for both breakfast and lunch, and the hours are early for some people (breakfast ends at 9 on 'port days' even if you don't reach port until 11, lunch ends at 1:30 - if you don't have dinner until 8:30 or 9, that's a stretch).

Unless you are elite.

Captain's Club levels do not include access to Luminae or Michael's Club - only traveling in a suite provides access based on suite category.

Exception being, Zenith's do get Michael's Club access.

• All suites get Luminae
  • Celebrity Suites add access to Michael's
  • Royal Suites add unlimited booze internet and dining

I hate to hijack this thread and turn it into an IT one, there are enough of those. The problem is more like the totally inadequate inability of their IT booking systems to differentiate cabin types at booking. The system simply offer all of the options to all of the cabins. Someone in marketing may theorize it's cheaper to deal with the service aspect for the few who figure it out on the back end than actually pay to upgrade the IT / booking engine to a system that works as it should. You also should note that the current cruise booking engine is likely pretty old and wasn't designed with options like this in mind. They really need to abandon it and start from the ground up, but there are big costs to that as well.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

I think that you have hit the nail firmly on its head. Unfortunately, the risks to any business with IT systems as old as Celebrity's restarting from scratch is huge. The largest, although not the only, risk is that you can guarantee that the budget and time allowed for doing this will not be anywhere near large enough.

In the meantime, the BBB/high-end suites issue is not one that will lose Celebrity significant revenue and will not force the issue. Should any customer complain to Celebrity that they have selected the "Best" option and lost out, all Celebrity has to do is reduce the deal to "Big" as a "goodwill gesture" without really loosing anything.

Could not agree with you more, Philipcruiser!

To me it is a specific M class issue. I will happily RS on S class but M class, noooooo. After the balcony, bathroom.....and don't forget the butlers pantry.

With all the talk of the new ships coming out I just hope they don't retire all the M class ships before I'm too old to cruise! If they do start selling the M class off I may be changing cruise companies to chase the room.

Captain's Club levels do not include access to Luminae or Michael's Club - only traveling in a suite provides access based on suite category.

Exception being, Zenith's do get Michael's Club access.

• All suites get Luminae
  • Celebrity Suites add access to Michael's
  • Royal Suites add unlimited booze internet and dining

Well we have been in it, and did not care for it. The food is better elsewhere, and plus we do not drink alcohol.

OH? What is it?

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

What is Michael’s Club?

Michael’s Club is available exclusively to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites – as well Zenith members

of our Captains Club loyalty program. Dedicated Concierge service and food and beverage experiences by a James Beard featured chef will be

exclusively provided to these guests.

The food is good, but I wouldn't say special. The drinks are all made to order and they'll make whatever you want, much different than the pre-made drinks on a specific list at the evening elite cocktail reception. If you stop by on your way in from an excursion and want a quite place to site, no problem! An ice tea or cappuccino from Cafe Al Bacio? Of course! Glass of wine? Soda? Bite to eat? Special last minute dinner request? Button sewn on your trousers, dress pressed? cleaned? No problem. But this is only part of what Michael's Club provides. The rest is simply a higher level of service and accommodation for requests which help to make a vacation special.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

What is Michael’s Club?

Michael’s Club is available exclusively to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites – as well Zenith members

of our Captains Club loyalty program. Dedicated Concierge service and food and beverage experiences by a James Beard featured chef will be

exclusively provided to these guests.

The food is good, but I wouldn't say special. The drinks are all made to order and they'll make whatever you want, much different than the pre-made drinks on a specific list at the evening elite cocktail reception. If you stop by on your way in from an excursion and want a quite place to site, no problem! An ice tea or cappuccino from Cafe Al Bacio? Of course! Glass of wine? Soda? Bite to eat? Special last minute dinner request? Button sewn on your trousers, dress pressed? cleaned? No problem. But this is only part of what Michael's Club provides. The rest is simply a higher level of service and accommodation for requests which help to make a vacation special.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks, Like I said, we don't drink, and can get better food elsewhere. The other services are available form the butlers. But, I understand that some people like it.

Thanks, Like I said, we don't drink, and can get better food elsewhere. The other services are available form the butlers. But, I understand that some people like it.

As I stated it's far more than alcohol, (see the list, but maybe you don't drink anything). How do you know if you can get better food elsewhere, or if you can get the same services if you've never been? :rolleyes:

The level of service from the concierge is far superior to what we have experienced from a butler in a Sky Suite.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As I stated it's far more than alcohol, (see the list, but maybe you don't drink anything). How do you know if you can get better food elsewhere, or if you can get the same services if you've never been? :rolleyes:

The level of service from the concierge is far superior to what we have experienced from a butler in a Sky Suite.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

1. I have been

2. Others negative comments, in this thread, about the food.

Thanks