MSC Meraviglia: are the new 19m2 yatch club inside cabins worth a shot?

Bra_BE2014

That's exactly why i'm worried! These insides are so much cheaper that i fear they will impose limitations to the pampering! Am i being paranoid? Lol

I can't imagine MSC offering different levels of service in YC depending on type of cabin booked.

Bea ... This is MSC we are talking about here! different levels everywhere else why not the Yacht club.

I agree with the sentiment, Dave, but if MSC introduces different service levels in YC it'll damage the product's reputation IMHO - especially in the US which is where they're concentrating building market share.

A lot of other cruise lines are looking at how popular this 'ship within a ship' concept is and I reckon they'll introduce similar offerings on new-builds in the future. If MSC dumbs it down, I think they'll pay a hefty price. Mind you, look at what they've done to the loyalty programme - it'll be interesting to see how that pans out in time.

I sure hope they wont come up with YC Bella and YC fantastica!

Celebrity has different levels within its 'Suite' class with the lowest 'Sky Suite' not even having access to Michael's Club or the Concierge, there. But their suites aren't in a separate enclave like YC. Also, MSC would have to have indicated such when selling the cabins for Meraviglia so, if they are considering offering different levels, it won't be for some time after the Mera's inaugural.

• 4 months later...
The prices of the new inside YC cabins are cheaper then a bella balcony (22m2).

Would you give it a go for the YC experience? Or an inside just doesn't translate the luxury you would expect? I booked one but I'm not feeling 100% abou it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, very excited to have booked another YC experience on the New Meraviglia. We have gone for the inside cabin (16012) and am interested in checking it out, The price is awesome for what we get and the smaller room and no balcony doesn't worry us to much as we spend every waking hour on deck and out of the room. The Divina YC1 in 2015 was a great time but the new ship looks great and like I said "The price is Riiiiight"

Close to the lounge and the same level as the reception is also a bonus, as opposed to level 15 or 14.

Leaving Naples on 19th June 2017. The earlier couple of cruises should have ironed out any problems I would have thought

A great way to experience all that YC has to offer with an option of a nice albeit smaller cabin with no balcony is a no brainer for us.

No one knows what type of room I'm in anyway haha.

I swore I would never sail again unless its in YC and this is the way to go if your on a 6 week trip to Europe from Melbourne Australia. Yippee!! cant wait!

Having stayed in a YC3 cabin on MSC Preziosa and having walked around to look at the various cabins, I don't see how it would be even possible to have a degraded level of service just because you are in a YC inside.

The reason is simple - all the additional perks and facilities are OUTSIDE your cabin. Boarding the ship, YC Concierge, Top Sail Lounge, YC Pool area, YC restaurant etc.

In fact, I would say that staying in a YC3 is NOT WORTH THE MONEY (unless you really need the space, and for us we had 4 pax so the space was good) because I didn't feel that we got any additional perks just because we were in the 'ROYAL SUITE', so to speak. We were treated the same as any other YC pax.

My conclusion is that once your are in YC, your treatment will be like any other YC pax, based on my one experience so far.

Going forward, I think I will choose to stay in a YC inside (when sailing with my wife) as this would give me the greatest bang for the buck!

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Having stayed in a YC3 cabin on MSC Preziosa and having walked around to look at the various cabins, I don't see how it would be even possible to have a degraded level of service just because you are in a YC inside.

The reason is simple - all the additional perks and facilities are OUTSIDE your cabin. Boarding the ship, YC Concierge, Top Sail Lounge, YC Pool area, YC restaurant etc.

In fact, I would say that staying in a YC3 is NOT WORTH THE MONEY (unless you really need the space, and for us we had 4 pax so the space was good) because I didn't feel that we got any additional perks just because we were in the 'ROYAL SUITE', so to speak. We were treated the same as any other YC pax.

My conclusion is that once your are in YC, your treatment will be like any other YC pax, based on my one experience so far.

Going forward, I think I will choose to stay in a YC inside (when sailing with my wife) as this would give me the greatest bang for the buck!

Spot on, that's exactly how we feel, absolute bargain in our view. :D

Yes, also feeling like The bang is quite good for the buck here! Looking forward to it!

We are still new to cruising, having only sailed twice before, once with Royal Caribbean and with NCL. We have our third booked for the Celebrity Reflection, and our fourth for 2018 on the MSC Seaside.

We originally booked a fantastica suite. But the more I looked at it I decided that changing to a YC interior was the best choice. we have never sailed in an inside cabin but also had never had the the experience offered in the YC. For us it was the best choice to try a new way to sail.