French Quarter/Bourbon Street Cab availability

Twintowngirl

Hi everyone. I am sailing out of New Orleans next week and am so eager to return to this great city. The last time there I stayed at the Monteleone which was easy walking distance to most sites even at night. This trip I will be staying at the County Inn and Suites on Magazine St. My only concern is walking to the hotel at night. How easy is it to hail a cab in the evening in the area around Bourbon Street? I will be traveling with my sister but we were 50+ aged gals who want to be safe. We typically don't stay out too late, maybe until midnight. Is this something that will be easy to do or does anyone have any other ideas to navigate the area.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Deb

There are plenty of cabs crossing bourbon at night looking for riders. My preference is to walk up to Bourbon/Canal. There's usually a ton of cabs there waiting at night. I got overcharged once getting in a cab on one of the side streets off of bourbon. Like he started his meter at $10. The one I caught at Canal was $5-6 for the full ride.

Edited by Saint Greg

Thank you to everyone that responded to my question. I feel better knowing that a ride will be available late at night. My sister and I live in the burbs of Minneapolis but have frequented the downtown area for events so I am used to the hub bub of traffic, crowds etc. I just like the added reassurance of being safe in a city I am not all that familiar with. The pedicabs sure sound like a fun idea...I think we will give them a try this trip!

Thanks again!

Deb