Pizza--what is your opinion?

crusinpsychRN

Hasn't it always been a bit thin crusted. Like maybe 1/8"+. Been that way for years. Thin but not crispy. Had some on the my cruise last June. Has that changed recently. :eek:

JT

To me, the old stuff wasn't thin crust, since it was usually about 1/4" with toppings. I mean, it wasn't thick crust or pan-style pizza, but it wasn't what I would consider to be a thin-crust pizza. I'd consider the old stuff to be a regular/medium crust pizza, where it's thicker than thin, but thinner than thick. (If that makes sense, lol.) To me, if it's thin, it's supposed to be relatively crispy. If it isn't, it's undercooked.

So we are talking about a "new pizza" that came out years ago. Folks it's a simple question please. Not asking if you like it or hate it. Just when did this new Pizza that folks are talking about on this thread come out. I had what I think is the old style pizza last June.

:confused:

Is it different now?

As I said before, I've never been very big on pizza on any of our cruises but I'm going to make a point of trying it on the Valor next week. I'll be sure to report my findings upon return. :p

Please do and like most things if you go into it with an open mind and without preconceived notions you can judge for yourself and that's what matters most.

Have a fun cruise and enjoy your vacation.

So we are talking about a "new pizza" that came out years ago. Folks it's a simple question please. Not asking if you like it or hate it. Just when did this new Pizza that folks are talking about on this thread come out. I had what I think is the old style pizza last June.

:confused:

Is it different now?

The ships did not all start serving the "new pizza" at the same time. When I sailed the Magic three years ago, she was serving the "new pizza." What you had on the Magic last June was the "new pizza." OTOH, I believe the Elation and maybe some other Fantasy-class ships are still serving the "old pizza."

Whomever pointed out the pizza is gluten free may have found the problem. Just read about most gluten free products having no taste.

Carnival special needs department advises that gluten-free pizza can be prepared on request not that all pizza is gluten free as it is not.

Edited by sanmarcosman

I love everything cruising but will have to say the pizza was not as good as it has been in the past. We only tried it about 10 pm., twice. The worker had it all to himself with people lined up. He worked himself hard, I saw him roll out doughs and pile 5 doughs on top of each other after flouring them to try to be quicker. I felt so bad for him I wanted to go behind the counter and help him. He never looked up and just made them all pepporoni after putting a little sauce on them. While it was interesting watching him, it was a busy time and he seemed to need help.

Whomever pointed out the pizza is gluten free may have found the problem. Just read about most gluten free products having no taste.

That is not quite what I wrote. They have gluten free pizza. Gluten Free pizza is an "option" and is made by request. The other pizzas are made with the same flour based crust.

Take care,

Mike

Edited by MMastell

Please do and like most things if you go into it with an open mind and without preconceived notions you can judge for yourself and that's what matters most.

Have a fun cruise and enjoy your vacation.

When it comes to food I always go in with an open mind and don't make judgments based on opinions. That "FatBoy" part of my screen name doesn't just refer to my favorite motorcycle! :eek: I enjoy trying new things and will gladly give as fair and unbiased opinion as I can. Y'all have a great day!