Pizza--what is your opinion?

crusinpsychRN

OP, I am with you! I want the old pizza back, can't stand the new pizza. It is like eating a paper thin wafer with a dab of sauce.

I also miss the Fungi de Chevre (Mushroom and Goat Cheese), it was my favorite. DH misses the Anchovy Pizza.

Why did Carnival have to take something that was not broke and "try" to fix it. :confused::confused:

I liked the old recipe much better. New version is like a flat bread with a 1/2 teaspoon of sauce. I miss the anchovies too!

Lines seem to indicate people like the new one or are they just getting what they can get?

I also liked the old recipe. My favorite was the one with anchovie, as well as the one with mushroom and chevre/goat cheese. I also liked that you could get caesar salad on the side.

I am not sure what recipe the Freedom had last November when I was on her, but the lineup was always very long, so never got a chance to try it. As for the new menu, I dont like the look of what I have seen on some reviews, and it seems to be as you describe it; very thin flat bread, with little sauce, and few toppings and even less cheese.

Going on Victory next month and hope they still have the old pizza menu.

When did "new pizza" happen? :confused: My last cruise was November 2014 and the pizza was just the same as my cruise Sept 2014 and the one before that January 2014. My favorite is the prosciutto with arugula. Please tell me that is still available! :D

I am pretty sure you had the new pizza being that you had the prosciutto with arugula. They still serve the new pizza. Nothing changed for you.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I liked the old recipe much better. New version is like a flat bread with a 1/2 teaspoon of sauce. I miss the anchovies too!

Lines seem to indicate people like the new one or are they just getting what they can get?

New style of pizza??? New as in launched when? Not sure which version I had on my New Year's trip on the Paradise....

When did "new pizza" happen? :confused: My last cruise was November 2014 and the pizza was just the same as my cruise Sept 2014 and the one before that January 2014. My favorite is the prosciutto with arugula. Please tell me that is still available! :D

What you had sounds like the new pizza menu. But I think that pizza on Carnival is just like burgers; some ships have Guy's (new) burgers, and some ships still have the (old) grill, with regular burgers and hot dogs. I just cant keep up with he changes, and which ship has which pizza, burgers, etc. I can live without pizza and or burgers on a cruise, but sometimes it is a nice option on a cruise, when all else does not appeal.

What you had sounds like the new pizza menu. But I think that pizza on Carnival is just like burgers; some ships have Guy's (new) burgers, and some ships still have the (old) grill, with regular burgers and hot dogs. I just cant keep up with he changes, and which ship has which pizza, burgers, etc. I can live without pizza and or burgers on a cruise, but sometimes it is a nice option on a cruise, when all else does not appeal.

All ship have pizza and burgers, not all ships have Guy's. It's odd which ship's don't have Guy's! Hope they add that to Valor during dry dock.

Had regular grill burgers on Paradise a week ago but they wee so much better than the flat, squished things they used to serve.

The pizza is okay, I think I preferred the old style better. Miss the calzones too.

The reason the line is so long, other than only one person working there usually :rolleyes:, is because if it is later on at night, not much else is available. You have soft serve ice cream and room service. Oh yeah, the "late eats" is around 11:30 and has your choice of a half sandwich or a hot dog.

I shouldnt be eating that late at night anyway, but with dinner at 6, I do sometimes work up an appetite by 11:30, if I'm still awake :o

New style of pizza??? New as in launched when? Not sure which version I had on my New Year's trip on the Paradise....

The pizza station on Fantasy class ships like the Paradise still serve the "old" style of pizza. I was told by a sous chef on the Imagination the galley in the aft of the ship where the pizza station is on Fantasy class are not set up to serve the new style of pizza.

The pizza station on Fantasy class ships like the Paradise still serve the "old" style of pizza. I was told by a sous chef on the Imagination the galley in the aft of the ship where the pizza station is on Fantasy class are not set up to serve the new style of pizza.

That would explain why it seemed the same to me :D

Not true. I was on Paradise last week and it's the new pizza, horrible!

Had a couple of slices on the Liberty. Tolerable but far from the best I've ever had. That said, I really haven't been a big pizza eater on any of the cruises we've done. I do miss the calzones though, they were dang good!

However, if they mess up the Rueben or the corned beef and pastrami from the deli we're gonna have a serious come to Jesus meeting!:eek::D

You know, we have been on close to twenty cruises on several lines and I Have never had slice of pizza on a ship. I like pizza but I never seem to get around to trying it on a ship. I guess I need to put that on my must do list for our next cruise.