Back from Carnival Glory, any questions?

RobertL88

What do you mean by using a card for the safe? I'll be going on my first Carnival cruise in December on the Glory (Eastern).

Also, how much was the Behind the Fun??? I would love to do this!

You need a card with a magnetic strip on the back to close and open the safe that's in your stateroom. They discourage the use of your Sail & Sign card for that, so we always bring an old card for that.

Behind the Fun costs $95 per person and the duration is almost 4 hours. You can sign up at the shore excursions desk once you're onboard.

We have reservations for the Chef's Table on the Glory in November! How was the staff? Did they have non-alcoholic drinks like sparkling cider? Did you like that you were in the conference room? Did the chef allow you to take pictures? Any more tips or thoughts?

Nice! I'm sure you will enjoy it! The staff was VERY friendly and taking great care of us. I don't know about the non-alcoholic drinks, none of us needed them ;)

At first I thought I wouldn't like the conference room, but they decorated it nicely and there were three chefs making the plates in that room, so there was still some 'cooking' to see.

One important tip: don't eat much for lunch on the day you're booked for the Chef's Table! (And don't plan an anniversary or birthday celebration on that day either; after dessert we all were stuffed and then they came into the room with a chocolate cake for my parents' anniversary. Needless to say we couldn't eat the cake anymore...)

You need a card with a magnetic strip on the back to close and open the safe that's in your stateroom. They discourage the use of your Sail & Sign card for that, so we always bring an old card for that.

Behind the Fun costs $95 per person and the duration is almost 4 hours. You can sign up at the shore excursions desk once you're onboard.

Oh ok! If they discourage you from using your Sail & Sign card, why the magnetic strip for the safe?!?! Ahh well....good to know in advanced....I don't have an old card since this will be my first Carnival cruise.....

Thanks!

Did they say why it's discouraged to use the sign and sail? I'm packed to the brim already! Seems odd they give you the ability to use it and then say not to use it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Did they say why it's discouraged to use the sign and sail? I'm packed to the brim already! Seems odd they give you the ability to use it and then say not to use it.

My thought exactly. Especially for new cruisers to Carnival wouldn't know about this.

Oh ok! If they discourage you from using your Sail & Sign card, why the magnetic strip for the safe?!?! Ahh well....good to know in advanced....I don't have an old card since this will be my first Carnival cruise.....

Thanks!

You can use any card that has a magnetic strip (old debit/credit card, member card, etc.)

I don't know, but there was a sticker on the safe that you should not use your Sail & Sign card to close and open the safe. Maybe the data on the card may get lost? :confused:

Thanks!

They discourage it because if you have to replace/reset your card it will no longer work in the safe. :)

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Here are the FunTimes from the Western Caribbean Itinerary, finally! (All files are in PDF format)

Miami - 08/29/2015

Sea Day - 08/30/2015

Cozumel - 08/31/2015

Belize - 09/01/2015

Roatan - 09/02/2015

Grand Cayman - 09/03/2015

Sea Day - 09/04/2015

Any questions? Let me know :)

Thanks for the Fun Times however looking through the Entertainment scheduled for the week it does not look to good, am I correct in assuming that, hopefully I'm wrong, again thanks for taking the time to upload the Fun times.

Gary

Thanks for the Fun Times however looking through the Entertainment scheduled for the week it does not look to good, am I correct in assuming that, hopefully I'm wrong, again thanks for taking the time to upload the Fun times.

Gary

Personally, we didn't pay much attention to the Entertainment on the ship. A couple of members of our family went to see the playlist production shows and the Love&Marriage show, but mostly we just hung out together.

Thanks so much for your review..we are on Glory in Jan. and I have booked Daniel Johnson too! Can't wait to hold the monkeys and sloths..gonna be the highlight of our cruise! Question about the beach..will he drop u there for a period of time so you can swim/snorkle and relax there. Can u walk back to ship from that beach? thanks for any info on beach you can provide.

Thanks so much for your review..we are on Glory in Jan. and I have booked Daniel Johnson too! Can't wait to hold the monkeys and sloths..gonna be the highlight of our cruise! Question about the beach..will he drop u there for a period of time so you can swim/snorkle and relax there. Can u walk back to ship from that beach? thanks for any info on beach you can provide.

Daniel will drop you off at the beach and he will wait there (with his mother, she is usually there too) until it's time to go back to the ship. Then he will drive you back to the ship. :)