Back from Carnival Glory, any questions?

RobertL88

We were on a B2B on the Carnival Glory from 08/22 to 09/05. The first week was supposed to be the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, but thanks to Hurricane Danny it was changed to the Western Caribbean itinerary. The second week was the Western Caribbean itinerary.

Despite the change of plans for the first week, we had a great time with very friendly staff, a great cruise director on a wonderful ship.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll try to answer them.

We were on a B2B on the Carnival Glory from 08/22 to 09/05. The first week was supposed to be the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, but thanks to Hurricane Danny it was changed to the Western Caribbean itinerary. The second week was the Western Caribbean itinerary.

Despite the change of plans for the first week, we had a great time with very friendly staff, a great cruise director on a wonderful ship.

Any idea if you can get Caesar salad from the pizza place?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that you missed the Eastern. That's our itinerary in Jan. Glad to hear they have a great staff. Though I have no complaints about any of our cruises. Any evening entertainment that we shouldn't miss. Shows, comedians, piano bar, etc. We're not young but enjoy the late night entertainment on the boat.

Sorry your destination was changed ours was changed last Oct due to hurricane Gonzalos so we rebooked Eastern Caribbean this Oct and praying it does not get changed again I have seen Cozumel and Grand Cayman more than I planned to :)

We are fairly new to cruising this being our third cruise

just of the glory yesterday. And yes Caesar salad was listed as an option at the pirate pizza counter.

We are also just off Glory yesterday. My SO had the Pizza Pirate Caesar salad five nights out of seven before turning in for the night (I know, who has a nice Caesar salad for a bedtime snack?). In any case, he thought it was better than the versions in the MDR and the steakhouse.

We are also just off Glory yesterday. My SO had the Pizza Pirate Caesar salad five nights out of seven before turning in for the night (I know, who has a nice Caesar salad for a bedtime snack?). In any case, he thought it was better than the versions in the MDR and the steakhouse.

Lol.... I had it last year for a bedtime snack everyday, but a recent menu I saw didn't have it listed.

Thanks you two for confirming it's there!

Did you order any of the hot items off the room service menu?

Did you have wifi options on the ship?

Thanks!

Lol I do that regularly on my cruises! Love Carnivals Caesar salad!

Sorry to hear that you missed the Eastern. That's our itinerary in Jan. Glad to hear they have a great staff. Though I have no complaints about any of our cruises. Any evening entertainment that we shouldn't miss. Shows, comedians, piano bar, etc. We're not young but enjoy the late night entertainment on the boat.

I didn't attend the playlist production shows personally, but some in our party did and loved Epic Rock. The Piano Bar was also very good. They guy playing (Martyn Lucas) was really good, but I heard him talking about getting off the ship soon (don't ask me when, sorry)

I'm glad your cruise was great!! were you able to stay on the ship for the second part? what was that process like?

We had to be in the Amber Palace (theater) by 10:30am to meet up with someone from guest services who gave us our new Sail&Sign cards. Once all guests were off the ship (around 11:15), we were guided off the ship, through customs and directly back on the ship again, where we were welcomed with champagne. We were back on the ship within 10 minutes and they took a picture of the group of B2B guest (which we never saw/received). The first 'new' guests were onboard around 11:45, so we didn't have much time alone on the ship.

We stayed in the same stateroom, so we didn't have to unpack.

Lol.... I had it last year for a bedtime snack everyday, but a recent menu I saw didn't have it listed.

Thanks you two for confirming it's there!

The Caesar Salad was mentioned on the menu that was available at the Pizza Pirate :)

Did you order any of the hot items off the room service menu?

Did you have wifi options on the ship?

Thanks!

Actually, we didn't order room service at all this cruise and we didn't even take a look at the menu :eek:

They had the new WiFi plan available on the Glory, including the $5/day social media package.

We had to be in the Amber Palace (theater) by 10:30am to meet up with someone from guest services who gave us our new Sail&Sign cards. Once all guests were off the ship (around 11:15), we were guided off the ship, through customs and directly back on the ship again, where we were welcomed with champagne. We were back on the ship within 10 minutes and they took a picture of the group of B2B guest (which we never saw/received). [uThe first 'new' guests were onboard around 11:45, so we didn't have much time alone on the ship.

We stayed in the same stateroom, so we didn't have to unpack.

We did a B2B this past January on Conquest. This is the first time (of several B2Bs) that we had the champagne, Mimosa, or OJ when we boarded the ship for the 2nd leg. Nice touch. We did receive 2 copies of 2 photos - one formal & one funny. I wonder why you didn't get a copy. They were in our cabin a few days later.

Did you receive a fruit basket for doing B2B? We have on all of our B2Bs so far.

We're doing our next B2B January 2016 on Glory.

I forgot to mention in my first post that we also did the Chef's Table and the Behind the Fun tour on this cruise. Let me know if you have any questions about those too! :)

I am on this voyage on Oct 3 and I am considering BTF tour but just for myself - didn't really want to pay for my group of 4. Wondering if you thought it was worth the money and the time required. What day did you do this?

I was also on the 9/5 sailing. There were no pay for items from room service on the menu I got . It just may have been because we got off on the wrong foot with our cabin steward the first afternoon and he didn't give us the right one but I'm pretty sure the pay for items are not on the Glory yet.

Edited by Namelocg

Does "Fish 'n Chips" still have fried oysters?

My DH loved them.

LuLu

I had them for lunch twice last week; I asked for just two oysters, no fries, and received them that way after a bit of consternation on the part of the cook. I thought they were very good.