Getting to Stonehenge on layover in Southampton

roxievegas

Just booked three cruises on Silhouette - first is transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale to Southampton, leave Southampton 9 day Norway ending in Amsterdam, and then Amsterdam for 12 day Baltic cruise ending in Amsterdam. 34 nights total. Due to bad weather back in 2008 we could not get to Stonehenge. Has anyone gone for the day from Southampton (says it is one hour away) and who would we book with to do a tour to get back to ship to head out for next cruise by 5:00 pm. Side note: any problem with taking three cruises in row ?? Leaving April 10 and end May 14, 2016, thank you in advance for any info

the ship provides a tour, but then takes you to airport. I was going to check with celebrity to see if they would bring back to ship, but that could be too long and not make it back in time for departure. I will check on Smiths.

don't want to rent car - we had a horrible time driving on the wrong side of the road in Australia and I don't want the stress.

Having lived in Southampton for nine years, I'd definitely recommend hiring a car for the day. And, as a previous poster did, do consider visiting Avebury, a classic English village built within a huge pre-historic stone circle. It's much quieter and nicer than Stonehenge. You could also visit Salisbury Cathedral if you have a full day,

Stuart