Noordam LIVE Marine Tracker Question

Leaving on Noordam the 19th, and so i went to the Marine Time to see what they were doing this week and it is doing a different route than i thought. Just curious is this is normal? It's near GIL island right now, which would be cool to see.

TIA

LInk to the map:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-130/centery:53/zoom:9

Edited by 232271

The tracking shows the Noordam is doing the Granville Channel route, starting at Ariztabazal Island. Excellent. Not all Captains do it. What a treat!!!!

If you do this it would be around noon that you will see you are closer to land and will be heading in. Your Captain should let you know what he is planning with times.

This is a spectacular route, one for which you want to be out on the deck. It takes quite a while, till maybe 8 pm, but the scenery is so great!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I think a lot of it also depends on Seymour Narrows and when slack water is there. If the ship gets to make it on an early tide, there is more time to dawdle around and do scenic cruising once north of there. If they miss the slack water and have to wait until the next one, there is less time - then it's pedal to the metal (as Captain Albert likes to say) to get on to Tracy Arm.

• 2 weeks later...