Pricing question for (Clarea)Bob or (JohnandLaLa)John

gkrebs

Guys,

I have a question for you. Hope you can answer it for me in case I have to deal with the situation.

If there are balcony cabins booked and have the diamond balcony discount on them, what happens if the diamonds name gets changed out at the last minute? Will the balcony discount disappear as well?

Have two balconies that each have a diamond in them that might not be able to go on cruise this week due to an accident. I am wondering if I can put a non diamond member in each and what if anything would happen to the discount.

I have one diamond in another non discounted cabin that I don't know if I would be allowed to move to one of these balconies, but I do know I am allowed name changes up to Wednesday.

Boy this is really getting messy.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated......Thanks

You can change names on a booking, even after final payment, as long as one of the original names stays the same.

With regard to what happens to the Diamond balcony discount when you remove all the Damond members, I've not done it or read about it, so I don't know for sure. My bet would be on losing the discount.

Edited by clarea

ok sounds like I could move my wife to one of the balconies, and discount would be saved for that one cabin. The other would lose the discount. If it actually happens, then we would just do the switches after sailing.

Looks like maybe what would end up being a free interior cabin to someone , might actually cost someone $225 because of the one lost balcony discount.

They have no insurance so worst case is just to have them as no shows, keep the discounts, and let a cabin be empty. No actually I would have to pay the tips on the two cabins. Cant stiff the folks because one isn't getting used.

Thanks

Gary, thanks for thinking I would be a knowledge source anywhere near the level off Bob. I am truly humbled, and woefully inadequate. :o

Have fun on the Freedom, laura is on there now. Maybe she can take that empty inside.:eek:

LOL looks like that would put her on the Freedom for 4 out of 5 weeks or so. She would probably become the female version of the legendary Mario and have to change her name to Maria. :D

LOL looks like that would put her on the Freedom for 4 out of 5 weeks or so. She would probably become the female version of the legendary Mario and have to change her name to Maria. :D

She does have to work still. Don't forget her two weeks in December though. The big push will be in 17 on the Oasis. I think she's planning on catching 8 trips in the fall

Edited by John&LaLa

Am I the only one who can't follow this? You have 2 balconies with a D member in each, and an interior with a D in that one?

Please explain better.

And I would not pay gratuities if the person didn't cruise. They should automatically be refunded to you after cancellation if the person does not cruise.

My hubby and I have D and military/ EMS discount on two separate rooms. Both war Veterans and my hubby is a paramedic. We book different cabins for discounts one of us in each and at check in we leave the kids in one so we can room together.. Not sure if that helps, not a true cancelation etc but we've never had to pay any additional after check in at the port even if me sister is the only remaining adult and she's not D...this is the case in Nov..

Am I the only one who can't follow this? You have 2 balconies with a D member in each, and an interior with a D in that one?

Please explain better.

And I would not pay gratuities if the person didn't cruise. They should automatically be refunded to you after cancellation if the person does not cruise.

Have two balconies with one D in each of them. One Interior with 2 D's The two D's in the balconies might not be able to make it. If they cancel, discounts are lost on both balconies as well, If I name change one of the D's from the interior to one of the balconies, then one D balcony discount can be saved. The other balcony would still lose the discount.

If I bring two non D cruisers in their place, one will be assigned to a balcony, the other to the interior. One D would have been moved to the other balcony from the interior to save the discount on that one balcony cabin. After sailing, we would all swap to the appropriate cabins. The D's who might not be able to go didn't get the insurance, we are 6 days out, so they would only get taxes back if they cancel. If we just name change, cruise fare is lost anyway and someone else who takes their place can just send them the tax monies. They didn't pre pay gratuities. So what we will end up with if someone is willing is an inside cabin that could have 2 people in the cabin for the price of the taxes and if they wanted to be generous, they could also kick in for the other balcony discount we would lose.

If we cant get any one to go, an interior cabin would be in essence be booked but left empty for the whole cruise. I have already been told if that is the end case not to pay the gratuities on the empty cabin. So what is going to happen is that instead of two cabin stewards losing half gratuities for the no shows, the one steward who is servicing a totally empty cabin is going to get nothing. That doesn't sit to well with me personally, I would rather pay the steward for the empty cabin something, then he/she getting nothing as I know how much they count on tips.

Does this make sense now? :)

Have two balconies with one D in each of them. One Interior with 2 D's The two D's in the balconies might not be able to make it. If they cancel, discounts are lost on both balconies as well, If I name change one of the D's from the interior to one of the balconies, then one D balcony discount can be saved. The other balcony would still lose the discount.

If I bring two non D cruisers in their place, one will be assigned to a balcony, the other to the interior. One D would have been moved to the other balcony from the interior to save the discount on that one balcony cabin. After sailing, we would all swap to the appropriate cabins. The D's who might not be able to go didn't get the insurance, we are 6 days out, so they would only get taxes back if they cancel. If we just name change, cruise fare is lost anyway and someone else who takes their place can just send them the tax monies. They didn't pre pay gratuities. So what we will end up with if someone is willing is an inside cabin that could have 2 people in the cabin for the price of the taxes and if they wanted to be generous, they could also kick in for the other balcony discount we would lose.

If we cant get any one to go, an interior cabin would be in essence be booked but left empty for the whole cruise. I have already been told if that is the end case not to pay the gratuities on the empty cabin. So what is going to happen is that instead of two cabin stewards losing half gratuities for the no shows, the one steward who is servicing a totally empty cabin is going to get nothing. That doesn't sit to well with me personally, I would rather pay the steward for the empty cabin something, then he/she getting nothing as I know how much they count on tips.

Does this make sense now? :)

So you have to decide by Wednesday? I really don't think laura can do it, she really does have to go back to work and i have no easy way of contacting her. do you have any takers yet?

Well now I understand the situation. If the cabin is empty they are not servicing anything, are you going to pay dining tips as well?

Not much you can do at this point beyond what you have already thought of.

Hopefully they will be able to go.

Marci,

Your making too much sense, even you are saying the samething I have been told. I should think just as much about the waiters as the stewards

John,

Might have a taker. But its getting more complicated. We split two couples for the discount, now that my mother and her SO might not go, the other couple (Aunt and Her husband) are talking about not going either because my aunt wants to be with her sister. Though I understand what she is feeling, my cousin is going on the cruise as a surprise for her mother (in another interior) and she will not cancel the cruise as none of us at our age take insurance as we are all well covered on our jobs for the medical emergencies. So worse case is that we might end up name changing everything around so that the 4 cabins actually end up with one no show each, then we all move to the balconies and we just pay our parents back the taxes. What caused all this is that my mother (86) slipped in the bathroom last night , cut her head and ended up with 7 staples and a subdural hematoma, which isn't that big. Sounds like they will let her out tomorrow after another CAT scan. They already told her she could ride to North Florida for a wedding on Friday but she didn't say anything about going on a cruise to the doctor. Still have to get that question answered.

Marci,

Your making too much sense, even you are saying the samething I have been told. I should think just as much about the waiters as the stewards

John,

Might have a taker. But its getting more complicated. We split two couples for the discount, now that my mother and her SO might not go, the other couple (Aunt and Her husband) are talking about not going either because my aunt wants to be with her sister. Though I understand what she is feeling, my cousin is going on the cruise as a surprise for her mother (in another interior) and she will not cancel the cruise as none of us at our age take insurance as we are all well covered on our jobs for the medical emergencies. So worse case is that we might end up name changing everything around so that the 4 cabins actually end up with one no show each, then we all move to the balconies and we just pay our parents back the taxes. What caused all this is that my mother (86) slipped in the bathroom last night , cut her head and ended up with 7 staples and a subdural hematoma, which isn't that big. Sounds like they will let her out tomorrow after another CAT scan. They already told her she could ride to North Florida for a wedding on Friday but she didn't say anything about going on a cruise to the doctor. Still have to get that question answered.

Well good luck, BTW, what part of Atlanta are you from. We still have a place in Tucker

Well good luck, BTW, what part of Atlanta are you from. We still have a place in Tucker

We lived in Stone Mountain until 1991 so am very familiar with Tucker. Moved around the country for the next 14 years and came back to Atl in '05. We moved to the west side of town in Douglasville.

Guys,

Answer is if you name change or cancel the D in a balcony cabin even within 6 days of sailing, the cabin loses the discount., unless you replace with another D.

I thought you and your wife were going to split up to put a D in the other balcony. Does that not work

Guys,

Answer is if you name change or cancel the D in a balcony cabin even within 6 days of sailing, the cabin loses the discount., unless you replace with another D.

Gary I hope mom is feeling better and is able to go so you and Eva don't worry about her the whole time. It will all work out, fingers crossed.

Marci,

John,

Would it not be better if you and your DW both moved from your inside, each to a differentf balconies that has lost the D member thus retaining the D discount for both balconies?

Then your inside would not have anyone in it so it would be cancelled but it is the lowest cost cabin, is it not? Your cousin could remain in the other other inside. Is she booked solo in that cabin? Not that would matter for your situation. :confused:

The taxes and port fees are the same for all cabins.

Edited by robtulipe

Above should have included,

Then you would get taxes and port fees refunded for your cancelled inside.

Also this would make available your inside to others for this sold out cruise. :)

unfortunately, I don't want to give RCI the ability to make twice the money off the cabin. I would in effect be canceling out my reservation if I moved as well and would lose the additional OBC from my NCC.

But I got someone to go for my inside cabin. We all in the clear now.