Tips for breakfast room service?

Priya2

Unlike many UKers, we personally (we are Scottish) tip generously,.

When I am ordering $$$$$$ travel currency - I order at least $100 in single dollar bills, and another few hundred in $5 bills. Then get my 10s,20s etc.

Both of us carry a little wallet (its like a business card holder) and in it, is "tip money". I see it simply as a part of our holiday budget spends.

It is handy to have those small notes at the ready. Whether its a taxi, porter, baggage handler its just nice to share the love a little...

If we are blessed enough to be able to afford luxury cruising - then being generous in the process - brings joy to others.

My life has not changed in any negative way over the years by losing the cash we have handed out - I have never missed it.

I am not rich by any manner of means., I am comfortable - I work hard - in fact, I employ people who receive tips (and yes, tipping is a declared taxable income). I pay well above national living, never mind national minimum wage - but my staff love their tips - its a nice wee perk for them and I get great joy in seeing them being rewarded extras. They give amazing service whether they receive a tip or not - and at times go way above the call of duty ...

Karma - what goes around comes around :)

We really need a Like button on here.

Denise

I meant that a pedant could argue that my assertion that I do not tip is not strictly true on the basis that my upgrade to premium alco package included an 18% 'gratuity'

As the said gratuity is compulsory I do not regard it as a tip whilst others possibly do.

Sure hope you don't return to too many restaurants....

Unlike many UKers, we personally (we are Scottish) tip generously,.

I can inform you that there are other that don't tip on a general base.

First of all: I always pay prepaid gratitudes and they are also included in the beverage package and on everything else I buy onboard.

I'm NOt going to the spa anymore because I feel the press to tip extra - on top of the 18% gratitude - even if the service is not more then I would expect - concidering the prices.

I DO tip room service and other persons when they have done something extra - other then the work they are supposed to do. Usually I don't ask for more either.

But IF I do - of course it will be something extra.

I do take care of my own Karma by the way - but not necessery by tipping.... :cool:

not sure what is meant by this post. I often return to Restaurants near home where I have enjoyed their offerings . We usually go to Murano once and Qsine each cruise sometimes Tuscan .

Well, there was the story about a year ago on this board about the couple who skipped out on all tips and lo and behold, their luggage wound up in water. You can transfer that to restaurants.

Well, there was the story about a year ago on this board about the couple who skipped out on all tips and lo and behold, their luggage wound up in water. You can transfer that to restaurants.

Feles like black mailing? Tip - or else! :eek:

operative word being 'story' [emoji41]

never had a problem with restaurant staff , indeed our Murano waiter this year recognised us from the previous cruise and couldnt do enough for us. He also remembered we had singled him out in an ' attention to detail' card as being an outstanding waiter when he was in the MDR.

There are various ways of appreciating excellent service. I have a preferred method, others choose tips which I do not support.

Oh and our luggage wont end up in the water - guaranteed [emoji41]

Edited by LA_Design