A blog of my last cruise

fantasy51

I spent 2 weeks on QV in the Med at the beginning of August. I wrote a blog for family and friends and have just copied it into an anonymous account for anyone who is interested.

This cruise was completely different from any I have done before. I travelled with a friend and found myself being dragged around wine bars instead of looking at the local sights! Our excuse, of course, was that we needed to access wifi. It was a lot of fun. However, it means that there are not many photos of lovely places.

It was fun to try cruising in a different way and to change my horizons.

For those who are interested, it can be found at fantasy51inthemed.blogspot.co.uk

I've got serious balcony envy !

I'm not sure how I'll ever settle for a normal balcony again! The down side was that sometimes at night we had water dripping from the overhang. I think it must have been condensation on the Lido windows above. When I looked at the windows in the daylight I could see that they had water spots all over them.

Also, it was the first time I've ever had a table in the MDR that was next to a window.

That was two special things. I wonder if it was because I was with a first-time Cunard cruiser. People have speculated about that sort of thing happening.

I must have gotten distracted when I looked at your blog the first time. I was just looking again and saw your picture with Mary. I met her on the World Voyage this year (alas, I was only on for twelve days) and we played on the same trivia team. Small world!

Thanks for sharing. You two certainly danced and drank your way across Europe. Your liver probably needs a rest after that adventure.

I was a bit disappointed that a cruise I booked on Queen Victoria in two weeks doesn't stop at Santorini since it is so beautiful. However, after hearing the story of the walk down the steps, I am glad that none of the ports we are visiting have tenders and challenges getting ashore.

Edited by Roseflyer

Thanks for sharing. You two certainly danced and drank your way across Europe. Your liver probably needs a rest after that adventure.

I was a bit disappointed that a cruise I booked on Queen Victoria in two weeks doesn't stop at Santorini since it is so beautiful. However, after hearing the story of the walk down the steps, I am glad that none of the ports we are visiting have tenders and challenges getting ashore.

I love Santorini but access is definitely a problem. Last time I went, we went up and down in the cable car with no problems. The problem was in getting to Oia. There were no taxis (they'd probably been paid to wait in Oia) and we were directed to the local bus. The bus had no queueing system; the people with the sharpest elbows got on first. Timid people may have missed bus after bus. The boat seemed like such a good alternative. I still wonder if it would have been possible to get back by boat if I'd thought to offer more money.

As for my liver, you'll be pleased to know that I only drink on Wednesday nights, when David stays here. My alcohol tolerance has increased over the last year from half a glass of wine to one and a half glasses over the course of an evening. Any more and I can't walk a straight line; I don't even care then that I can't walk a straight line. :D