URGENT! Last minute Upsell offer..Sept 19 - GETAWAY

J18

matter of opinion. I prefer aft, and the aft facing balconies are larger with two lounge chairs. But there is a bit of soot on aft facing balconies and definitely more rocking of the ship is felt in the aft

either way, thats a great deal! Now if only the upsell fairy would call me

see you on the ship! :D

Hi any difference in the room size between aft and mid ship balcony?? Thanks!

Hi any difference in the room size between aft and mid ship balcony?? Thanks!

maybe the bathroom might be a tad bigger, and bed configuration may be different, but the size is just the same, just the balcony on aft facing balconies are at least 2x the size at the regular balcony

but there are cons to an aft facing balcony. Depending on what deck an aft facing balcony is on, the sun can be unbearable of there, especially if there is not much overhang.

but you got a great deal and esp the bump from an inside to balcony! lucky duck! I have an inside this time around. Last year on the Getaway I sprung for an aft facing balcony. Im tight on cash this time around lol

Edited by aubreyc1988

maybe the bathroom might be a tad bigger, and bed configuration may be different, but the size is just the same, just the balcony on aft facing balconies are at least 2x the size at the regular balcony

but there are cons to an aft facing balcony. Depending on what deck an aft facing balcony is on, the sun can be unbearable of there, especially if there is not much overhang.

but you got a great deal and esp the bump from an inside to balcony! lucky duck! I have an inside this time around. Last year on the Getaway I sprung for an aft facing balcony. Im tight on cash this time around lol

Hope to see ya on board!

I noticed that balcony prices were pretty decent for that cruise (we are on that one too, see you Saturday!) We are in a spa balcony so the only real upgrade for us at least would be Haven and even then, I think my DH would prefer to keep our spa passes. I did look online just to be safe, and there are no Haven suites that sleep 4 even left. Guess spa balcony it is :)

Our total trip cost for 2, mid ship balcony unlimited beverage package INCLUDING prepaid service charge with 265$ of promo OBC.....1900$ u.s / 2108$ Canadian

We got promo obc because of booking error by agent.

Subtracting the OBC and its 1635$...

I booked only a month ago too...and prbly good have saved a bit more since our inside cabin dropped in price this week!

Make that 13750's!!

Thanks everyone!!

Aren't these considered more desirable than aft? She did tell me smaller balcony..

I've sailed the same mid ship deck on Breakaway and also aft balcony on deck 9. I prefer the midship....(don't shoot me, LOL) The aft balcony was huge, but I wasn't impressed with always seeing the wake or where we've been. And unless you stood or sat right at the railing, you only see the side walls or the wake. I like the side view much better.

We also had soot, vibrations and no real breeze back there when it warmed up.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've been in both an aft balcony and a midship balcony on the Breakaway, and the rooms were identical.

The aft balcony's actual balcony was WAY bigger, but as others have mentioned, there will be more motion due to the aft location. We didn't have any soot, though we did hear music from Spice H20.

We were on deck 12, though. if you were on deck 13 or 14 like you said before, you'd definitely hear more from Spice H20 on an aft. Additionally, the aft balconies on 13 and 14 are much smaller than those on 12 and 9.

The view from the aft balcony was amazing, though.

All told, I would say you did fine with an upgrade to a midship balcony on deck 13. You'll have less motion and a location that's a bit easier to get to, plus no music from Spice H20. The room itself will be a big upgrade over the inside.

just curious, what did you pay total?

Nevermind, saw your post about the total you paid, great price!

I guess you didn't read post #32 :)

Edit... Now you did lol

Edited by J18

I got an offer for 75$ per person (Canadian) to upgrade my guaranteed inside room which is cabin in 5400's on 5th deck (they tell me its middle, but looks more front to me), to back of ship, AFT balcony cabin, 13 and 14 deck..

Should I take it???

Do you think this is a solid deal???

Take it!!!

You are moving from an inside room to the most expensive balcony class room on the ship.

The only thing higher are spa rooms, mini suites, and suites (which do come with a butler).