Fascination Porthole versus Oceanview

lelder1

Hi all, I am comparing prices for the Fascination cruise on 1/16/16 and am curious to hear your feedback on the interior porthole room versus the oceanview. If there are other threads already posted, please send me the link. We like oceanview simply because we like to see outside but we are not in the room that much and the port hole looks like it would get the job done a lot cheaper. Thanks!

On the Fantasy class the portholes can be larger than the ocean view, if you book closer to the front of the ship, the window shelving is large enough to sit in, and watch the world go by. I've done both, and will choose a port hole any time. (I like them on the Riviera deck, the DH likes them on the Empress deck)

go for it, as you say you don't spend that much time in your cabin.

We were on the Fascination in January 2015 in a interior porthole room and loved it. We have never been in front of the ship before and being on the Rivera deck, we could hear the waves crashing and more noises that we never experienced in the past when we were in just a regular interior room (usually mid-ship cabin)

My parents had a Rivera cabin with a "window" and loved it!

In my review below, you can see what a porthole cabin looks like on the Fascination.