Ideas for 50th Anniversary Celebration

conandrob240

Sailing as an extended family for my parents' 50th on Anthem on 11/22. Planning a vow renewal ( still deciding if I'll do it on the ship or in Nassau on a beach). I reserved the Grande for dinner for the anniversary night. Was thinking off he typical stuff like booking them a couples massage, doing a family picture. Possibly doing speciality dining instead (Chops).

Now trying to think of cool, out of the box stuff. Here's some ideas I have but I have no idea if they are even viable:

- captains announcement over the PA on day of

- personalized visit to dining table by captain on anniversary

- tour of the bridge

- having one of the movie screens display their names and dates.

- announcement in the daily planner

Open to other ideas. I had thought about something like renting the North Star but they aren't fond of heights. They would always rather do something with us (especially their grandchildren) than alone even on an anniversary.

Please keep,ideas coming!

Chef's Table dining experience for just the group.

Get the Entertainment Host to announce special message on the morning show.

Take part in the name that tune game show

Flash mob show

Cabin decorations

Just some idea's, I'm celebrating my 40th Birthday with friends celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary in October. Doing whole room decs in both rooms and special cake at dinner. Rest I need to speak to people on board to arrange.

What is the Flash Mob Show?

No Chefs table unfortunately- I forgot to mention dad is a very picky and non- adventurous eater.

Is there typically a DJ with dancing somewhere every night?

I will buy a bunch of cabin decorations-good idea!

Luckily the anniversary is day 6 so I have time for some planning!

What is the Flash Mob Show?

No Chefs table unfortunately- I forgot to mention dad is a very picky and non- adventurous eater.

Is there typically a DJ with dancing somewhere every night?

I will buy a bunch of cabin decorations-good idea!

Luckily the anniversary is day 6 so I have time for some planning!

Wonder if you could email the chef and arrange for a presentation of all their favorite foods or most popular dishes from 50 years ago. Personalizing the intimate setting of Chef's Table could be a very memorable event. So if grandpa likes stuffed cabbage or meat loaf then it should be part of the meal.

Make sure that RCI knows they are celebrating an anniversary on day 4 or 5 (you already have day 6 set). Anniversary should show up in their booking. Wait staff will bring cake & sing. You could also attempt to set it up with specialty or head waiter on day 1 for day 4 or 5. I received birthday cake in chops & anniversary cake in main dining room just by adding birthday or anniversary to the booking. They usually ask if the cruise is a celebration when booking, feel free to call RCI with booking number or TA) to let them know what you are celebrating.

Royal Caribbean gifts and gear pre arrange to have flowers sent to their room. I really liked the Tropical arrangement and enjoyed it all week.

If they are not shy they could maybe be a part of the Love & Marriage show.

Buy them the cd/video of the cruise. See if you can get one of the photographers to follow your family around a lot to take many family photo's & buy them the package or buy a nice 8x10 & photo frame and set on bed on night 6.

Every ship has an events planner. Contact rci to get their email on the ship you are sailing and email them for suggestions. Also talk to hotel manager onboard to see if they have any suggestions to make a special surprise.

If anyone is in a grand suite or above see if steward can help set up a family cocktail party in the cabin with appetizers from main dining room.

Let them know they will always be your super stars and name a star in their honor (anniversary star in their name one example is http://www.starregistry.com/ ) Have everyone in your party go out on deck after dinner when it's dark and the stars are out (check to see if their is a full moon on your cruise that would be the best night) and present them with their 'Star' memrobilia.

Make a family tree starting with their parents. Good examples here: https://www.pinterest.com/sherron/family-tree-crafts/

Many ideas here https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=50th+anniversary+ideas&term_meta%5B%5D=50th%7Cautocomplete%7C1&term_meta%5B%5D=anniversary%7Cautocomplete%7C1&term_meta%5B%5D=ideas%7Cautocomplete%7C1

and here https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=50th+anniversary+party+ideas&term_meta%5B%5D=50th%7Cautocomplete%7C3&term_meta%5B%5D=anniversary%7Cautocomplete%7C3&term_meta%5B%5D=party%7Cautocomplete%7C3&term_meta%5B%5D=ideas%7Cautocomplete%7C3

and here https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=50th+anniversary+gifts&term_meta%5B%5D=50th%7Cautocomplete%7C4&term_meta%5B%5D=anniversary%7Cautocomplete%7C4&term_meta%5B%5D=gifts%7Cautocomplete%7C4

and if they like m&m's you can get personalized m&m's to bring as snacks.

Make a magnetic sign for their stateroom door.

Edited by travelbuddies

such awesome ideas thank you.

I chuckled at the "grandpa's favorite things". These are not just his favorite things but literally the ONLY things he eats: plain steak grilled no seasoning, French fries, hot dogs, pizza (but is very picky about the sauce), bread, eggs and bacon, sausage, plain hamburgers, ice cream, sweets, coffee, beer. The man literally eats nothing else. We all marvel at the fact he still alive, quite honestly.;) He has no place going to a Chef's Table meal- LOL

Edited by conandrob240

such awesome ideas thank you.

I chuckled at the "grandpa's favorite things". These are not just his favorite things but literally the ONLY things he eats: plain steak grilled no seasoning, French fries, hot dogs, pizza (but is very picky about the sauce), bread, eggs and bacon, sausage, plain hamburgers, ice cream, sweets, coffee, beer. The man literally eats nothing else. We all marvel at the fact he still alive, quite honestly.;) He has no place going to a Chef's Table meal- LOL

The hot dog truck will be amazing for lunch or snacks. Even try the chicken and apple one, as well as traditional german one.