Seeking Artist information of a painting aboard the Ruby Princess

LoveByrds

Hello -

We returned from an Alaskan Cruise on the Ruby Princess on 9/13/15. We had a fantastic time and i am working on sorting pictures for a review. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me though.

My husband and i saw a painting onboard during an art auction that was marked sold, and we really loved it. I wish we would have taken the time to note the artist and painting name so we could buy a smaller (less expensive version) as a memento of our trip though.

The closest painting i can find is this one called Flirting with a violin by Anna Razumovskaya.

http://www.anna-art.com/painting/anna_razumovskaya/flirting_with_a_violin.html

618444022_AnnaRazumovskaya-Flitingwithaviolin.jpg.e4214210be86ea31d844835543ea43b4.jpg

Did anyone happen to see or know of a similar painting that sold on the Ruby last week? I know it is a long shot, but i thought i'd give it a try.

It was a very similar painting style as the photo i've attached. It had a woman in a long white dress holding a violin. It just doesn't seem like this is the one is it though....unless my memory serves me wrong. I should have snapped a picture of it, but was worried i would get in trouble.

Any friendly suggestions?

This might be your picture. It's by Anatoly Metian.

Yikes.... it's listed for $8,000! Perhaps, since it says it's a unique work, he has some others... Not to sound cheap but check ebay. They often have art from the cruise ships cheaper.

Edited by harlekuin
added info

Thank you Harlekuin! That is exactly it!

I can't believe it is $8000 though. It's lovely but just a little *cough cough* out of our range. Maybe i can find a poster online though.

It's strange how similar the two paintings are though....

Thank you again!