German customers beware

christi1805

The latest set-back for German customers is the denial of instant-or future cruise credit when booking on board a ship in the next cruise office. We booked 3 new cruises on board the Serenade for Splendour in January. The German price was correctly shown, but the booking system did not allow the final booking with OBC . Emails from the next cruise guys were sent from Serenade to Miami which were forwarded to RCCL Frankfurt. They confirmed that for German customers no future cruise OBC applies anymore when sales"actions" are involved. As the RCCL prices nowadays are all "sales" or "WOWs" or "BOGOs" etc, no OBC will be granted when booking on board.

The latest set-back for German customers is the denial of instant-or future cruise credit when booking on board a ship in the next cruise office. We booked 3 new cruises on board the Serenade for Splendour in January. The German price was correctly shown, but the booking system did not allow the final booking with OBC . Emails from the next cruise guys were sent from Serenade to Miami which were forwarded to RCCL Frankfurt. They confirmed that for German customers no future cruise OBC applies anymore when sales"actions" are involved. As the RCCL prices nowadays are all "sales" or "WOWs" or "BOGOs" etc, no OBC will be granted when booking on board.

Thank you for information !:o since when it is so ?

We also had discussions on our last cruise during booking ... on Radiance in March. Our US friends got other prices etc.

In the end we got 75$ from RC for the cruise... hope that will work !

How can we got an Bogo price or something special ?

Prices shown on the German website are already including all Specials. The main problem is that the customer does not see the price codes or the Specials at all.

Since March there´s (almost) no price adjustment too. Specials do not count as a lower price.

Of course your US friends were quoted a different price. But that´s a different market.

steamboats

I once bought an Open Passage (no specific sail date) onboard Celebrity, the cruise itself was booked through an US travel agent. When I book onboard I always choose to have the booking with Celebrity and transfer it later.

I then tried to use the Passage with my german TA - but that didn't work.

No terms and conditions or any fine print states that this doesn't work.

So yes we have to be careful and most of the times, the US deals/promos are "better" than what we get.

Thanks for giving me another reason not to book onboard when booked through a german TA.

However, the main reason for me booking through US is the cancellation policy.