Infinity cc7206 vs cc8075 S.Am Dec 20/15

Popdog1

I hope I'm posting in the correct forum since I'm new to Cruise Critic. I'm cruising from Valparaiso to Buenos Aries on the Infinity on December 20 and am currently booked in cc8075. I have scoured the posts on Cruise Critic and know that 8075 is a good, quiet cabin. It is on the port side as I wanted since it will be facing land throughout the entire cruise. Now I have the opportunity to take cabin cc7206 which I know (again, by devouring all the posts) is a coveted aft room with a large balcony. I just need someone out there to tell me that I'm doing the right thing to switch since when you're sitting on your spacious balcony facing aft (beautiful and peaceful as that would be) you're not looking directly at the passing landscapes as you would be sitting on the port side, facing the land. Might I be unhappy in a cabin facing aft if I have to crane my neck to see the geographical features?

I need to have an answer by early this evening so I sure hope I've posted this in the appropriate place.

Thanks for any help/reassurance you can give me.:)

Were it I, I would jump at 7206. Odds are that most of the time you are at sea, the ship will be too far out from the coast and you won't be "looking directly at the passing landscapes as you would be sitting on the port side, facing the land."

I'm surprised that a C1 cabin is available - I'd snap it up.

I was surprised it was available also. I figure someone had to cancel the cruise that they booked a while back. It came available at 1 am as I was searching online and since I couldn't speak to a real person at that time I put a 24 hour hold on it, fearful someone else would grab it if I waited till this morning to speak to a Celebrity agent. I'll phone now and negotiate the switch. Thanks for your help.

Barbara

Thanks everyone! Very much appreciate the comments and really excited about the trip. Nancy and Jonathan, have you taken all those trips? Wow! Fantastic!

Barbara

Edited by Popdog1

Popdog1,

The Chilean people are some of the most resilient on earth. Tis a truly awful situation and we wish our Santiago friends well.

If you have the opportunity to tour Santiago before you sail you will see a city accustomed to the tremors. You will also see tall buildings constructed to withstand the earthquakes.

To put it into perspective, while the loss of even one life is tragic, this quake was stronger than the Nepal quake and only 11 deaths have been reported as of two hours ago.

You will not see the majority of the damage. The area of the quake was northwest of Valparaiso with tidal waves affecting La Serena and neighboring Coquimbo with even less effect further north to Arica.

The people of Chile are in our thoughts and prayers.