Beds on Princess?

beaconlight

I was in cabin C305. And, by the way, it had a pillow top mattress pad that doesn't work if the mattress itself sinks in the middle.

That was our experience on the Crown, C226, this spring. One side was OK, and the other was like a swayback horse, several inches lower in the middle. No pillowtop or egg crate is going to fix that.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Maybe we've been lucky. Never had a bad mattress or a bad night on a Princess ship. 15 & counting.

Same here 28 and counting! I was on the Emerald Princess a couple of weeks ago, my mattress was perfect but my roommate complained about hers having a dip in the middle!! I have to admit, I didn't like the new pillows, they are king size and just didn't work on a single bed.

I've never heard of a ship replacing all mattresses during a drydock & only incrementally.

I think many people don't really know what a drydock is. The mattresses are being replaced a few at a time. Once we saw a load of them coming on to the ship when we were on our balcony during a shore day. I don't remember where we were, unfortunately, but there were quite a few of them being loaded.

The subject of mattresses is a very subjective topic as the one we like may very well not be comfortable for you. However, Princess's mattresses IMHO were dreadful for years and I am not certain that is was the mattresses or the fact that they were place on a heavy steel mesh base that had no give to it. However, we have found with the introduction of the new pillow top mattresses we often do not require the egg crate (which has now become a foamy).