Watching the Getaway Sail Out Of Miami ... Question

Freckles83

Sort of a silly question but I want to watch one of my friends and her family during the sail away on the Getaway leaving Miami 09/26/15. I believe its supposed to sail at 4:00pm and was just wondering if anyone here knew which side would be visible from the port webcam (http://portmiamiwebcam.com) because I told her to make a sign for me to read to know it was her and her family.

Yes i know it probably sounds kinda childish but I also think it would be fun. If anyone has any idea what part of the ship is most visible during the sail away I would appreciate the info so I can pass it along to my friend and hopefully be able to say "I know that little ant sized person waving at me because of the sign!" :p

Thanks for any help!

* also I won't be able to watch the sail away this saturday (the week before) because of work otherwise I would just try and figure it out myself through watching on the port webcam.

Edited by Freckles83

I haven't watched the Miami cam but a few times however when I did, it was nothing like the FLL cam where you can clearly see people and read their signs. As mentioned above, starboard side is the view you would have but the ship will be way off in the distance.

Miami on the webcam isn't really good at being able to read signs during sail away (the ships docks pretty far down the dock and even when it zooms in - it's still pretty far away) Coming back into Miami is a little closer - it goes into the turning basin and turns around BUT it gets into miami pretty early (6am ish) and it's still dark outside so still hard to see detailed stuff.

I would recommend waiting till Friday when it comes into Nassau (Noon ish) and watching the Nassau cam -because its much closer and the cam zooms in pretty close. Starboard side is first then she turns around and backs into the dock so the port side will be visible after it turns around (as well as departing).