verizon gift cards

crusing4fun

HI, I have Verizon and it says I have 154,450 points. I have not registered to get them yet but I can see at the side of "My Verizon" page. I haven't registered to get them because I'm not sure I understand what information I will be giving up to do so Can you guys fill me in on how it works because I would like to use these rewards hopefully one day for a cruise card. Thanks

There are probably a dozen or more threads about the cards and all the reasons to buy them and how to use them.

Have you read any of those?

The cards are currently sold out, so you should be able to find plenty of info already posted here and be ready to go when they next appear. ;)

thanks I understand they are sold out and I have read about the actual cards but what I am asking is about the Verizon selects program and how it works. Like it says you agree to your location and other things like marketing. What I am wondering is how it effects your Verizon account or phone on daily basis. Can anyone fill me in on it so I can decide on registering or not. Thanks again for any information

Edited by crusing4fun

I guess you are asking if you will be bombarded with a bunch of solicitation and the answer is no. We haven't received anything from Verizon. We have bought about $4000 worth of cards between Verizon and AARP.

Thank you so much this is exactly what I was asking:) It is so nice to get help. Much appreciated

cruising4fun,

When you sign up for Verizon Smart Rewards you are forced to join the Verizon Selects program as well. It is the Verizon Selects program that does the targeted advertising.

What I did was to join both Smart Rewards and Verizon Selects. Next I immediately went and opted out of the Verizon Selects program. You don't earn as many Smart Rewards points but you are also not subject to the targeted marketing of the Selects program.

cruising4fun,

When you sign up for Verizon Smart Rewards you are forced to join the Verizon Selects program as well. It is the Verizon Selects program that does the targeted advertising.

What I did was to join both Smart Rewards and Verizon Selects. Next I immediately went and opted out of the Verizon Selects program. You don't earn as many Smart Rewards points but you are also not subject to the targeted marketing of the Selects program.

No idea whether I was forced to join Verizon Selects, but I definitely never opted out of it. I never receive any targeted ads from Verizon at all.