What time is Orientation at Camp Carnival?

harryfat1

Hi,

We will be on the Carnival Paradise next month with 2 boys, 2 and 4 years old. In reading some of the previous posts, it was mentioned that the first night on the cruise, there is an orientation for the parents and kids at the camp carnival.

Does anybody remember what time they hold this orientation? I realize the time may be slightly different due to various sailing times at different ports, but just wanted to have an idea if this orientation is immediately after the muster drill or sometime after dinner time?

Also a related question, I know the number of kids on any given sailing is dependant on the school season, but what about the number of counselors at camp Carnival? Do they decrease the number of counselors during the "off season" like in October when they anticipate fewer kids on board?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Harry

As soon as you board, you should be given a flyer with the camp information (counselors are usually there handing them out). If not, just check the capers that will be in your room or at the purser's desk. On our first cruise, the meeting was right before (and cut into) the first dining time..........but don't worry about dinner, many parents were late that night. On our last cruise, I didn't have to attend the meeting (my kids were teens), but a mom on our table had to leave dinner between the main course and dessert to attend the meeting. She made it back in time to have coffee and dessert. (dinner on the first night seems to take longer, probably because of all these things).

Its an orientation-- like an open house from 7:30 - 10:00 Kids can not stay in the camps the first night without a parent staying. Babysitting will start at 10pm for a charge.

Your baby will be two by the sailing hopefully. Even a few days shy of that birthday the camp will not take them

Hi,

Thanks you both for the info on the orientation on camp carnival.

When you say it's an open house, so it's literally going with the kids whenever it fits into your dinner schedule between 7:30 and 10 PM? Or it's more a "structured" talk where they give the parents a presentation on what the camp is all about? We have the 8 PM dinner seating, so just trying to figure out the logistics of when to bring them. Or maybe we need to change our dinner time to 6:15?

The 2 year old is already 2 year and 3 months old as of today, so he will have no problem being accepted to the camp next month.

Thanks,

Harry

Yeah, Carnival is strict about the age. Our daughter was 23 months at her first cruise and had to stay with us.

I think they try to hold the orientation usually around 8 so if you have late seating, you may need to eat in the casual dining room the first night. I wouldn't be too late for your dining seating as at some point the door is closed.

Hi,

Thanks you both for the info on the orientation on camp carnival.

When you say it's an open house, so it's literally going with the kids whenever it fits into your dinner schedule between 7:30 and 10 PM? Or it's more a "structured" talk where they give the parents a presentation on what the camp is all about? We have the 8 PM dinner seating, so just trying to figure out the logistics of when to bring them. Or maybe we need to change our dinner time to 6:15?

Harry

When we sailed, this is what happened on the first day, for Camp Carnival:

1:30pm: Children's playroom open for viewing; strollers available for rent, first come first served, fees apply.

6:00pm: Club02 (ages 15-17) Teen Welcome Aboard Ice Breaker (there was also a get together later than night)

7:30pm: Orientation Meeting for kids 2-11 with parents.

8:15-8:45pm: Camp Carnival Family Welcome Disco (11 and under w/parents)

8:15pm: Teen Orientation (ages 12-14)--no parents

8:45pm-9:15pm: Camp Carnival Family Ice-Cream Sundae Making

I wouldn't change dinner based on the first night's meeting. Most families, however, dine at the earlier times. You know your family, so if you think late dinner is best for you, stay put. No matter what time you have dinner, you should be able to eat dinner in the dining room AND attend the meeting. You may have to leave between courses, but the waiters are very accomodating and you won't be the only one affected. We had the 6:15 seating. I had my boys (teens) get dressed for dinner and go to the Club02 meeting (at 6pm). I told them not to rush but to get to dinner by 6:20pm. Since the menus are posted on the TVs and outside the dining room, they were able to give me their menu choices and I ordered for them. They said there were kids there from the 5:45pm seating---popped in to meet people and get information and then back to dinner. We also had a 7 year old in our group. She left the table with her mom between the main course and dessert to go to the orientation meeting. They weren't gone too long before they were back to enjoy their dessert.

Cali,

Thanks for the detailed explanation on the timing of things. Since we have 2 little ones, looks like the orientation will be relatively short for us.

I will discuss with my wife to see what she wnats to do about dinner schedule.

Thanks agin to everyone who posted reply on this issue.

Harry

Archived