How do they choose for the love & marriage show

brinvic

I've never seen the show, but heard here that the love & marriage show is scripted and doesn't vary from ship to ship and year to year.

Anyone see it multiple times and can confirm or deny?

I've seen it twice. Same ship different CD. The show was same setup but different questions.

I've never seen the show, but heard here that the love & marriage show is scripted and doesn't vary from ship to ship and year to year.

Some of the questions asked do carry over from ship to ship, but I have heard a few different questions asked on different ships.

To the OP: When they are looking for volunteers, make yourselves very visible and very audible. I think that will up your chances of being selected.

Same questions on all ships. Color of wife's underwear, best place you made 'whoopie', most annoying habit etc. Some CD's will have the participants write answers others have the men go out for the 1st half.

The best one I've seen was on the fantasy. The CD had the guys dress up in various "costumes"!! I laughed so hard, I almost cried....and was SOOOOO thankful that my husband wasn't up there

It seems to be chosen at random for the middle couple. Unless you just got married and this was your honeymoon, or you've been married 50+ years....good luck. Sit near the front, make lots of noise, maybe wear something ridiculous just to get noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Valor last month, the couples for the show were -

1. The ones most recently married (in the case of our cruise, the difference was 1 hr between two couples)

2. The ones married the longest (I believe it was 50 years on this cruise)

3. The last spot was for couples married over 10 years for which there were obviously many, so the audience voted by clapping for the couple they thought would be the most fun (i.e. pays to be very loud, outrageous, etc if you're looking to be popular enough to get this spot).

If you want to be in it, definitely sit in the lower level of the theater so you can be most easily noticed.

The last few shows I have seen, the newlyweds are chosen by asking who was married most recent, and they take the couple married the longest.

There are usually lots of couples in the middle vying for the opportunity to play the game - be prepared to either go up on stage or stand in your spot and make-out, and then have that make-out session voted on by applause. The most outrageous will win. :rolleyes:

We were picked a few years ago on the Spirit. We were the longest married couple, 45 years at the time. We had seen the show on several ships and most of the questions were the same. They placed each couple back to back and had us write the answers. The wife and I matched every question. We won a SOS and a bottle of bubbly.

My husband and I participated a few years ago on our 25th Anniversary cruise....there were several couples vying for the 'middle' spot and they chose by the best 'Tarzan' call from each husband.....my husband pulled through with flying colors :p

And we won....a bottle of champagne and a bag of trinkets...

The show may be the relatively similar from ship to ship...but it is not 'scripted'...(atleast ours wasn't)

And it seems they choose couples in different ways....so, be prepared...lol

I have seen it on s different ships several years apart and it seemed the questions were the same

I've seen it on almost ever cruise i've been in. To my knowledge, it hasn't changed at all. It's still quite fun to watch, though a simple refresh of a few of the questions would be welcomed by folks who have been on multiple cruises.

"A stripper dressed like a nun"

Out of curiosity wondered how they choose couples for this. We are celebrating 35 years clserto our 36 and thought this would be fun to do

Many are plants, especially the third couple, where the husband is scripted to be a religious cleric who seems to want to show us his heart shaped underwear.

It all depends on the CD.

The newest and longest married are chosen based on who is in the audience usually, but I've also seen it as a couple the CD has spoken to at some point on the cruise that he/she thinks will get a good response. For example- on our honeymoon, we were the most recently married (married Friday, cruise Sunday) but a couple that had been married 6 weeks was chosen because the CD had met them at dinner and specifically invited them to the show. The middle couple is typically volunteer based, and then the cd has some silly task for "audience approval". I've seen Tarzan yells, make out contests, best dancing, and farthest traveled. Your best bet is to stand out, be loud, and be close to the stage.

Disclaimer- the CD often changes answers to make them funnier. On our last cruise the middle couple said he completely fabricated about 2/3 of her answers but they went along with it because it was so darn hilarious.