Internet Cafe

AquariusOne

Looking for help in finding Internet Cafe's, close to port on the following ports:

Cartagena

Colon (Panama Canal)

Manta

Lima

Arica

Thanks

Internet cafes are not as common as they used to be--tablets mobile phones, etc.

Try googling internet cafes in each of the cities,

Due to the loyalty status of our favorite cruise line we receive free internet packages which we have found sufficient. So I haven't paid as much attention to internet cafes recently.

But in Cartagena there is internet available (for a fee I think but am not positive) in the shops just inside the port entrance (about a five minute walk from the ship). In Colon, which is a rough city outside of the port area, I believe there is also an internet cafe as I think I remember seeing crew and staff on Skype. We've been to both Manta and Arica, but didn't pay any attention. We've never been to Lima.

But remember that the ship crew will know about internet cafes located in the various ports.

Due to the loyalty status of our favorite cruise line we receive free internet packages which we have found sufficient. So I haven't paid as much attention to internet cafes recently.

But in Cartagena there is internet available (for a fee I think but am not positive) in the shops just inside the port entrance (about a five minute walk from the ship). In Colon, which is a rough city outside of the port area, I believe there is also an internet cafe as I think I remember seeing crew and staff on Skype. We've been to both Manta and Arica, but didn't pay any attention. We've never been to Lima.

But remember that the ship crew will know about internet cafes located in the various ports.

Thanks for your help. For a 15 day South American Cruise, I was hoping to check my e-mails every other day or so, without paying a lot of money to the Cruise line. What would also work is a coffee shop or restaurant near port with WiFi. Hope some one else has used such a facility on these ports, can provide some guide.

I can second the wifi in Cartagena. My experience has been that most terminals have free wi fi. You might need a password but it is usually available free to cruise guests.

As for local cafes, I've gotten Wi-Fi for the price of a cup of coffee. The receipt has a code that needs to be entered.

My personal feeling is that I would never use a system that I did not have complete faith in. You just never know which of these computers have keystroke loggers installed. Even if not doing anything financial, they can record user names and passwords. Many of us are lazy, and will use the same password for everything

I guess it would be marginally safer on the ship, except for being expensive and ungodly slow

I have just gotten to the point where I don't need to constantly check my e-mail, it will still be there when I get home