Norewegian changing past passenger tier mid cruise

bruinsdevils

We will be going on a Norwegian cruise next summer and after the past passenger points have been added, will be going from a bronze to a silver tier. When we were on Carnival this past summer, they gave us the higher tier that we would achieve after the cruise during that full cruise. Does Norwegian follow this policy or do they only give you what you have earned prior to the cruise?

We will be going on a Norwegian cruise next summer and after the past passenger points have been added, will be going from a bronze to a silver tier. When we were on Carnival this past summer, they gave us the higher tier that we would achieve after the cruise during that full cruise. Does Norwegian follow this policy or do they only give you what you have earned prior to the cruise?

Points are usually only added after you have completed the cruise. You get a point per day, plus bonus points per day for early booking, booking one of their latitudes specials, booking a suite.

As others have said, they only give you what you earned prior to the cruise.

Cruise tiers are changed only after a cruise is completed.

However, if the cruise is comprised of b2b cruises then a tier change can be made at the beginning of the second segment by the Latitude consultant aboard since the first segment is a completed cruise. We did that when we went from bronze to silver.

I made platinum half way through our 15 day repo on the Jewel and went to the Latitudes consultant to see if they would give me the platinum rating.

They said no, that there were about 2000 people making platinum on that cruise and it would be impossible to change them all over.

Edited by tallyho8

I made platinum half way through our 15 day repo on the Jewel and went to the Latitudes consultant to see if they would give me the platinum rating.

They said no, that there were about 2000 people making platinum on that cruise and it would be impossible to change them all over.

WOW 2000 people hitting platinum on ship that only holds about 2400 and is not normally at full capcity for repo cruises, that is amazing :eek: ;) Think you have an extra zero in that number :D

While it would be nice to be given the higher status the day you reach it on the cruise, per NCL and other cruise liens for that matter it is not given to you till you have completed the cruise you earned it. As mentioned many people on each voyage move up to the next level and it would be a bookkeeping nightmare to do this type of upgrade for everyone.

But truly what does it give you more in perks.

Well for the OP they stated they are going from Bronze to Silver...

They will get the Discount of 15% on Photos and Spa....Nightly Chocolate to enjoy in your room and the Exclusive On Board Gather with the Ship Officers. Just my opinion not worth the fuss.

My next cruise we are 3 points away from Platinum but we are in a Suite....We would get the extra 5% discount on Photo and Spa.....well I might use the spa but 5% is not a biggy. If I send out laundry I would get one bag free ...OK that is good but it is only 7 days. Chocolate Covered Strawberries...I already get this...Concierge Service...I already get this, Complimentary Dinner for two at Le Bistro and a Bottle of Wine, I already have Ultimate Dining and Beverage Package. Complimentary Behind the Scenes Tours, been there done that more times than I can count. then lastly Complimentary Bottle of Sparkling Wine, there will already be two of those that we always end up giving away because they are not very good at all :D

WOW 2000 people hitting platinum on ship that only holds about 2400 and is not normally at full capcity for repo cruises, that is amazing :eek: ;) Think you have an extra zero in that number :D

While it would be nice to be given the higher status the day you reach it on the cruise, per NCL and other cruise liens for that matter it is not given to you till you have completed the cruise you earned it. As mentioned many people on each voyage move up to the next level and it would be a bookkeeping nightmare to do this type of upgrade for everyone.

But truly what does it give you more in perks.

Well for the OP they stated they are going from Bronze to Silver...

They will get the Discount of 15% on Photos and Spa....Nightly Chocolate to enjoy in your room and the Exclusive On Board Gather with the Ship Officers. Just my opinion not worth the fuss.

My next cruise we are 3 points away from Platinum but we are in a Suite....We would get the extra 5% discount on Photo and Spa.....well I might use the spa but 5% is not a biggy. If I send out laundry I would get one bag free ...OK that is good but it is only 7 days. Chocolate Covered Strawberries...I already get this...Concierge Service...I already get this, Complimentary Dinner for two at Le Bistro and a Bottle of Wine, I already have Ultimate Dining and Beverage Package. Complimentary Behind the Scenes Tours, been there done that more times than I can count. then lastly Complimentary Bottle of Sparkling Wine, there will already be two of those that we always end up giving away because they are not very good at all :D

My fave plat perk is free laundry. I agree plat does overlap my suite perks a bit. But I love that laundry perk.

WOW 2000 people hitting platinum on ship that only holds about 2400 and is not normally at full capacity for repo cruises, that is amazing :eek: ;) Think you have an extra zero in that number :D

This is what I was told and I believe it to be correct. When you figure that most people got 30 points for that cruise and some got 45 and all the rest at least 15, that got many people up to 75 real quick.

They had a show where they asked everyone who would be platinum after this cruise to stand up and it looked like everyone did. And I don't think there were more than 15 or 20 children on the cruise.

The cruise was sold out just as my Dawn repo this year was sold out a month ago.