pre-cruise hotel in FLL

AirForce mom

We currently have a reservation at the Rodeway Inn in FLL that allows you to park your car for free for the duration of the cruise, and offers a free shuttle to/from the cruise port. (Silhouette, Dec. 20 cruise) Has anyone stayed there and used this service? Pros/cons? The drive for us to the port is 5 hours, so we are thinking this is a good idea vs. getting up early and driving down the day of the cruise. If you have used it, is it difficult to get the shuttle after you have your luggage (wait time/lines?)? Does anyone know the cost of parking at the port?

The rooms are fairly clean and offer a simple place to sleep. Parking is OK, but not really secure.

Am confused by your comment that you will drive down the day of the cruise. Does that mean you do not intend to stay there? The free parking is based on your staying one night at the motel. Also do not know about Rodeway there - call them - but many motels require a rate that is different if you park for a week.

Head to the Florida ports of call board as mentioned. There are several better chains with parking. I'd be concerned about security. Read reviews and Get the recs!

This is not where you want to stay OR leave your car.

Edited by eandj

There are also a number of off site parking options that are quite a bit less than parking at the port. Like the port, there's security. The off site lots include shuttle service to and from the port. Look online. There are often coupons to save you even more. I can't vouch for any of the parking options. We live in the condos you sail by when leaving Port Everglades, so we park at home.

We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road near the airport in FLL several times. You are allowed to leave your car parked there for up to 2 weeks I think. It is very nice and has a shuttle to the port. I believe they charge a higher rate if you park there.

Sandra

We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road near the airport in FLL several times. You are allowed to leave your car parked there for up to 2 weeks I think. It is very nice and has a shuttle to the port. I believe they charge a higher rate if you park there.

Sandra

They charge more for using the "free parking"? Funny - it may still be a good deal though.