Help with Grandeur

wendyatpml

Also agree. we always stay on deck 4 about 5 or 6 cabins away from centrum and have never experienced any problems.

Next cruise, we had a hard time getting the same cabin for a b2b and had to take first cabin in hall from centrum. Hopefully we will not have a problem.

We were in the first cabin adjacent to the Centrum and were fine. Noise was not an issue at all. Enjoy the location. it's terrific!

Long time Celebrity cruisers who are considering Grandeur for its close proximity. Are there good dance venues with live music on a regular basis? Any onboard lectures? Other than fee dependent entertainment and dining,...can you just "show up" and gain access. Also, how difficult is it for Celebrity Elite Plus to establish Diamond status? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know about dance venues, but we have been on Grandeur 4 times with a 5th coming up soon! Love the ship! You don't need to book entertainment - just show up to the theater for the shows. We have never seen the shows filled up completely. Not sure about lectures.

As far as getting Diamond Status, you would need to go to the Royal website and become members of the Crown & Anchor society. You should be able to do that online, but if not call the C&A help number on the website and they can set it up for you.

Mary Anne

Long time Celebrity cruisers who are considering Grandeur for its close proximity. Are there good dance venues with live music on a regular basis? Any onboard lectures? Other than fee dependent entertainment and dining,...can you just "show up" and gain access. Also, how difficult is it for Celebrity Elite Plus to establish Diamond status? Thanks.

A year or two back the Centrum area was remodeled, and the result was a larger dance floor. When last aboard about six months ago, the Evergreen Trio played there for dancing pretty much every night. They had been aboard the Baltimore ships for years, but I understand their contract was not renewed, so don't know what band is there now.

There was also a pretty good country western band called Shine, and they played many nights up in the Viking Crown. Some, but not all, songs were suitable for dancing. All in all, pretty much satisfied with dance opportunities.

We just got off the Grandeur from an 8 night cruise. We were on deck 2, mid ship on the port side. No problem with noise, traffic etc. We were about half way between the 2 elevator / stairwells which was handy.

Room temperature was nice. Cool enough for me at mid-thermostat setting.

I think you will enjoy your cruise.:)

We are booked for Grandeur- Sept 1,2016 to New England. Our 1st cruise to the North.

My wife has bad knees & back & cannot walk far-without having to stop. We often use a wheel chair & will have 1 for the cruise. I was able to get a handicapped cabin on Deck 3. Booked a H/C cabin on deck 2. later a H/C cabin on 3 became available & got changed. near elevators for convenience.

Glad to hear that deck 3 is "quite". Our last cruise was on Freedom of the Seas/ balcony but the price on Grandeur was too costly.

Not difficult at all. Call RCI's Crown & Anchor number, US or Canada: (800) 526-9723, and give them your Celebrity Captain's Club membership number, and they will give you a Crown & Anchor membership number. Simple as that.

Just off Grandeur, deck 3, near elevators, below Centrum. No noise at all. Cabin nice & cool. No lectures other than Captain's Corner and Environmental Officer talk. Last year we did the Grandeur to Bermuda and there were lectures on the Chesapeake Bay.

We had a wonderful cruise! Love the Grandeur!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not difficult at all. Call RCI's Crown & Anchor number, US or Canada: (800) 526-9723, and give them your Celebrity Captain's Club membership number, and they will give you a Crown & Anchor membership number. Simple as that.

Thanks for all the good information. One other query...if one cabin occupant is Diamond and the other is not, do both receive Diamond benefits?

I'm afraid not. If one is Diamond and the other is not the benefits do not transfer.

But you will have drink vouchers loaded to your Sea Pass card so you can still get three free drinks each day during the hours that the Diamond Lounge is serving free drinks. So you will be able to have a drink together in any bar.

Just booked GOS for next May 9 day Canada New England trip as a surprise for my dads 70th birthday we were on freedom in September and loved it and I'm looking forward to this trip I've booked deck 3 ocean view stateroom position will change as ship is in dry dock in April and there adding some rooms

Can any one tell me do they have any of the free style Coke machines like they have on freedom I'm thinking no as its a smaller ship

Although I saw a few people carrying around the cups, didn't notice any of the freestyle machines. My dh thinks there were a couple as you exit the Windjammer.

BTW, we loved everything about this cruise!

Was just about to ask dads dream is Alaska but way out of my budget when I factor in flights from Ireland as well spotted this and liked it

Although I saw a few people carrying around the cups, didn't notice any of the freestyle machines. My dh thinks there were a couple as you exit the Windjammer.

There were two near both entrances to the Windjammer last November when we sailed on the GOS last... I can't remember if there were any more on board...

Bob G

Was just about to ask dads dream is Alaska but way out of my budget when I factor in flights from Ireland as well spotted this and liked it

I am planning to do a (probably short) review, but I did save all the Compasses and will try to scan them in this week. Happy to try to answer any questions!

There were two near both entrances to the Windjammer last November when we sailed on the GOS last... I can't remember if there were any more on board...

Bob G

There is also one beside Ben and Jerry's on deck 6.

Last time that I was on the GoS they had three coke machines.

One on deck 6 by Latitudes

Two up by the Windjammer

If you want to save money and calories...try some water flavorings...low cal...you can probably flavor 8-10 glasses of water per container. You can buy the flavors in most supermarkets in the US. The store brand is usually less expensive than the national brands.

Two weeks six days until we sail to the Bahamas and Key West!

I am really happy with all the positive comments. We always have a balcony but since there are few balconies on this ship compared to larger ships I didn't feel that the difference in price was worth it since we do have some cold days leaving from Baltimore in the winter. Another plus for us is just driving to the post.

We are booked on the Celebrity Infinity on Oct, 29 and that is a smaller ship also and an older one but I've heard good things about that ship too.