Help with Grandeur

wendyatpml

We are considering a 12 night cruise on this ship. It leaves from Baltimore which means we do not need to fly anywhere which is a big plus. We were on this ship many years ago before Balconies were the norm. I don't mind an Oceanview but not sure about deck 3. Deck 4 has the dining room and people are constantly walking through the halls,. Any comments would be appreciated.

We are considering a 12 night cruise on this ship. It leaves from Baltimore which means we do not need to fly anywhere which is a big plus. We were on this ship many years ago before Balconies were the norm. I don't mind an Oceanview but not sure about deck 3. Deck 4 has the dining room and people are constantly walking through the halls,. Any comments would be appreciated.
Deck 3 is very quiet. The only exception is if your room is very close to the elevators and even those staterooms are relatively quiet......K.O.:)

We've been on deck 3 on Enchantment (similar ship) and had no problems with noise.

We don't normally go on such a low deck, but we were on Deck 3 on the Grandeur this summer.

We were mid-ship (just a bit ahead of the aft elevators), and it was great.

However, I would say that when we checked out the very forward and aft sections of the deck, we did notice rumblings - engine in the aft and I guess water hitting the hull in the forward. So I would suggest staying mid-ship, for sure.

----------------

We were just on the Grandeur. We were thankful that the AC work well because we found many of the public areas were uncomfortably hot! We went to Bermuda and I was not the only unhappy hot camper. The cabin on the third deck is small and the bathroom even smaller. We couldn't get a balcony which we usually get so we are a bit spoil. We had a connecting room and at times we could here voices but nothing to be annoyed about. We were mid ship and did not have any outside noise problem. Mid Ship and third deck is good for this small ship because you feel less motion and the access to all the main venues requires minimal walking. Our potty had a problem getting rid of our eliminations and we had to call maintenance who responded ASAP. It was fixed but continued to be lazy. We were not the only ones with this problem. My recommendation would be to get the balcony but if you end up on the Ocean View get mid ship. By the way there are no refrigerators in the Ocean Views. Our cabin boy was super with getting ice for our water and soda. We did give him a tip as an extra incentive on day 1.

I've been in Oceanview cabins on the 4th deck and on the 3rd deck. We have a 10-day cruise in Nov. in an OV on deck 3. I liked both locations. The only warning I have is don't get a cabin on the 4th deck near the Centrum. If you're on the 4th deck, try to get about 5 or 6 cabins back.

The cabin for our upcoming cruise is right near a stairway, so we'll be able to get to everything quickly and easily. We usually prefer a balcony on the bigger ships, but the cost difference (OV vs. balcony) on the Grandeur is too much. She is a smaller ship and easy to get to an outside or top deck, so I wouldn't spend the extra money.

Deck four is our favorite on Grandeur- and the further forward you go, the quieter it gets, but the more walking you do. We stayed all the way up front on deck four on our first cruise, and hardly came across anyone in the halls, it was very quiet. When the seas get rough, we did feel things a little bit more that far forward.

Mike

I still miss the days we could sail from Philly! But, that's ancient history now. Baltimore is a breeze, in and out.

Sounds like you will have plenty of port stops on a twelve day and a big benefit of a deck three or four stateroom is that it's super easy to leave the ship and return.

Edited by Philly Steve

We had an OV cabin on Deck 4, mid-ship, on Grandeur and it was terrific. Great location, just steps to the Centrum, and we didn't find it to be noisy at all.

Agree, 100%. As you've probably found, the small number of balconies on this class of ship makes them expensive and/or sold out. If you get a room on deck 4, about 4-5 rooms away from the Centrum, you will find the room completely quiet, yet you are only a few steps away from the music and entertainment in the Centrum - perfect location!

Long time Celebrity cruisers who are considering Grandeur for its close proximity. Are there good dance venues with live music on a regular basis? Any onboard lectures? Other than fee dependent entertainment and dining,...can you just "show up" and gain access. Also, how difficult is it for Celebrity Elite Plus to establish Diamond status? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen a few posts that say that the staterooms on the Grandeur are a little too warm. Does anyone else feel that way?

I have NEVER found that our staterooms have been WARM ever ..Small yes BUT we gave up on Balconies gosh close to 10 years ago as a waste of OUR money .and normally we will book an inside over an ocean view because we simply only sleep in the darn room...

We have been on deck 3 and 4 many times always close to an elevator (my wife can not walk very far and uses a mobility scooter) Noise has never been a problem either...

Bob

I have NEVER found that our staterooms have been WARM ever ..Small yes BUT we gave up on Balconies gosh close to 10 years ago as a waste of OUR money .and normally we will book an inside over an ocean view because we simply only sleep in the darn room...

We have been on deck 3 and 4 many times always close to an elevator (my wife can not walk very far and uses a mobility scooter) Noise has never been a problem either...

Bob

Good to hear, thank you.

Agree, 100%. As you've probably found, the small number of balconies on this class of ship makes them expensive and/or sold out. If you get a room on deck 4, about 4-5 rooms away from the Centrum, you will find the room completely quiet, yet you are only a few steps away from the music and entertainment in the Centrum - perfect location!

Also agree. we always stay on deck 4 about 5 or 6 cabins away from centrum and have never experienced any problems.

Next cruise, we had a hard time getting the same cabin for a b2b and had to take first cabin in hall from centrum. Hopefully we will not have a problem.

Thanks for your input. The difference in price between I balcony and Oceanview is that we can both go for less than 1 person in a balcony cabin. We also will have 4

Cold days because we are going in January from Baltimore for 12 nights.

We were just on the Grandeur. We were thankful that the AC work well because we found many of the public areas were uncomfortably hot! We went to Bermuda and I was not the only unhappy hot camper. The cabin on the third deck is small and the bathroom even smaller. We couldn't get a balcony which we usually get so we are a bit spoil. We had a connecting room and at times we could here voices but nothing to be annoyed about. We were mid ship and did not have any outside noise problem. Mid Ship and third deck is good for this small ship because you feel less motion and the access to all the main venues requires minimal walking. Our potty had a problem getting rid of our eliminations and we had to call maintenance who responded ASAP. It was fixed but continued to be lazy. We were not the only ones with this problem. My recommendation would be to get the balcony but if you end up on the Ocean View get mid ship. By the way there are no refrigerators in the Ocean Views. Our cabin boy was super with getting ice for our water and soda. We did give him a tip as an extra incentive on day 1.
He is addressed as your cabin STEWARD"....:rolleyes: