gem coffee maker

luv2gamble

No, only in balcony cabins and up do you get a coffee maker in your cabin.

Thanks for the info, thats a shame. I used to get 2 pots of coffee via room service everyday. I refused to pay $8 just for coffee, its the principle. A coffee maker would have made up for it. Oh well, Thanks again.

Thanks for the info, thats a shame. I used to get 2 pots of coffee via room service everyday. I refused to pay $8 just for coffee, its the principle. A coffee maker would have made up for it. Oh well, Thanks again.

I read somewhere coffee among other things is free on the Gem from room service

Here's a suggestion, upon embarkation or boarding, ask your friendly Room Steward for a coffee maker and/or hot water pot (depending on what they have in their inventory) We always travel with our own preferred brand of instant coffee, the 3-in-1 pre.mix are easiest to prepare on the go & inexpensive, add hot/broiling water & stir to enjoy. You can always get extra sugar & creamer/milk from the buffet ... (with our own insulated stainless steel beverage holder)

We let our RS know of that & other special request (i.e. empty the mini-frig of the bar contents) to be done when s/he has the chance, as turnaround day is always very busy for the crew, and, it's usually done before the night is over while we're out. In recognition of going above & beyond, a little direct "incentive" handed to s/he is always cheerfully accepted & thank you with a smile.

I read somewhere coffee among other things is free on the Gem from room service

Coffee is free for a few hours in the morning, along with muffins, pastries, etc. the pot is small though, maybe two cups max. Just leave the card outside your door at night with your order on it.

• 1 month later...

I will staying in a mini suite on the Gem next month...Can someone tell me what type of coffeemaker is in the cabin? Is it like a mister coffee coffemaker?Because i was thinking of bringing my own brand...the kind that looks like a tea bag...i believe Maxwell House or Folgers makes them....and a small box of flavored creamers.... would appreciate if someone could answer me back and let me know....thanks alot

• 1 month later...
I will staying in a mini suite on the Gem next month...Can someone tell me what type of coffeemaker is in the cabin? Is it like a mister coffee coffemaker?Because i was thinking of bringing my own brand...the kind that looks like a tea bag...i believe Maxwell House or Folgers makes them....and a small box of flavored creamers.... would appreciate if someone could answer me back and let me know....thanks alot

Bumping this up. Anyone know what kind of coffee maker in mini-suites?

Yes, It's like a small Mr. Coffee type brewer. I think it is about a 2-3 cup size. There are coffee packets (regular and decaf) that contain a bag made of same kind of paper as tea bags. You put that in the coffee holder and the water drips through. If you are bringing coffee bags (the tea bag kind), it should work fine. Just run water with nothing in the holder.