Large table in main dining room

davidmk

Hi, I am sailing with a party of 28 in a couple of weeks on the Getaway and was able to make reservations in all of the MDR for group dining. I emailed NCL Special Events and they were able to get us reserved in the MDR on all of the nights. I asked if anyone from our group rather do specialty dining on of the nights, can we change the number of people and I was told that we can let the dining rooms know ahead of time. In fact, I am waiting for a response to change one of the dining options to a specialty dining on one of the night. if you are sailing on the Getaway, this is their email: SpecialEventsGetaway@ncl.com I am not sure what are the other ship's specific email address. Maybe they can help you find it. I hope it works out for you :)

Zqvol, you are correct. I re-read my email conversation with the Special Events team, and it did say that they do not prearrange table, but the Maitre'D will accommodate the group in multiple tables in the same area or close proximity. I am fine with that. Last year, we were on the Sky and didn't make reservations, so the wait to be seated together in close proximity, was long. So waiting with hungry kids was a nightmare. But we didn't mind sitting at multiple tables near each other, as we were able to still see each other and all eat at the same time.

We had a blended family of about 25 last year on the Gem. We wanted to do dinner together the first night only and the Maitre'D set us up in a smaller section of the Gran Pacific (front left as you are facing aft). We had I think 3 tables side by side. Everyone was able to talk & move around in between courses without overwhelming other tables of non-related parties.