Hasbro Game Show, main entertainment for 2 nights on 7 day cruise???

ready2cruzagain

When we were on the Conquest a couple of years ago I was definitely disappointed that the Hasbro Game Show was the main entertainment in the main theater for 2 nights on a 7 day cruise.

I was just reading a current copy of the Glory's Fun Times and see that it is the same way on the Glory. Hasbro Game show one night at 7:30pm in main theater with nothing after in main theater. Then 2 nights later, Hasbro Game show at 8:15pm in the main theater again, on this night they do have the Love and Marriage Show at 10:15pm:rolleyes:

Just wondering why Carnival thinks grown adults would want to sit through this as main entertainment 2 nights on a 7 day cruise!

From what I have read I am not the only one that didn't care for it.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about having it for 2 nights of main entertainment.

When we were on the Conquest a couple of years ago I was definitely disappointed that the Hasbro Game Show was the main entertainment in the main theater for 2 nights on a 7 day cruise.

I was just reading a current copy of the Glory's Fun Times and see that it is the same way on the Glory. Hasbro Game show one night at 7:30pm in main theater with nothing after in main theater. Then 2 nights later, Hasbro Game show at 8:15pm in the main theater again, on this night they do have the Love and Marriage Show at 10:15pm:rolleyes:

Just wondering why Carnival thinks grown adults would want to sit through this as main entertainment 2 nights on a 7 day cruise!

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about having it for 2 nights of main entertainment.

Entertainment is one of the areas that is being tightened to save money. There is no way that Carnival can hold prices down without some cost savings. If the cuts get too deep, then perhaps try another line, but be prepared to spend more $$ on average ... we did. However, our first love will always be Carnival!

Entertainment is one of the areas that is being tightened to save money. There is no way that Carnival can hold prices down without some cost savings. If the cuts get too deep, then perhaps try another line, but be prepared to spend more $$ on average ... we did. However, our first love will always be Carnival!

After the Conquest and the bad entertainment, I did switch and have sailed Princess 5 times since in the last 2 years but we are going back to Carnival to experience the 21 day Journey adventures.

The price of our Journey cruises are ridiculously high and paying more for the 21 days on Carnival than I did on Princess for 26 days last year. So to me, it is a cutback but can't say their prices are lower than other lines for sure.

Hasbro is a sorry excuse for "entertainment" even one night. It could be a sea day afternoon for families maybe, but having seen it once, I'll not waste my time again. Carnival's entertainment cutbacks are my #1 frustration with the line.

Why pay professional entertainers when they can use their customers as "entertainment"? :rolleyes:

^^^And that is exactly what it amounts to. When you think about it Carnival does that a lot. Examples, Hasbro, Love and Marriage Show, Karaoke, Trivia, Legends Show.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if in the future they get rid of the Main Theater because of lack of participation from the cruisers. It wouldn't be because the entertainment stunk!:rolleyes:

I miss the pre-Playlist musical revues with the live show band. Never been to Hasbro because I can tell not my cup of tea. Hasbro being the main entertainment TWO nights, this I've not experienced, but will be sailing the Glory in November, so we'll see.

JH on his FB page did say Carnival was bringing back the show band with a separate horn section and adding classical groups and the long-awaited steel bands. This sounds like a good thing.

I've been on cruises where the scheduled performers were switched out for something else... once a volcano kept an artist in Europe .... and there doesn't seem to be as much fly-in talent as before.

I love Carnival but I hope they tweak the main theater entertainment a bit.

Really agree that the Hasbro Game Show should be used to entertain the Family Crowd during the day or maybe earlier before a real entertainment show for adults!

Are you listening, CARNIVAL, many of your guests are tired of your "entertainment" and you are losing passengers to other lines.

We haven't been on a ship with Hasbro and are looking forward to seeing it ONCE with the kids. I can see how it would get old quickly, and I have noticed the number of shows with the audience as free entertainers has grown. I don't like being on stage or watching other people be embarrassed on stage.

But I honestly don't need a song-and-dance show every single night either. What we would like to see is more variety. We really enjoyed the illusionist and the comedy juggler on Magic. My favorite night on Elation was the midnight blues concert (not in the main show room).

Edited by KatieCharlotte

We haven't been on a ship with Hasbro and are looking forward to seeing it ONCE with the kids. I can see how it would get old quickly, and I have noticed the number of shows with the audience as free entertainers has grown. I don't like being on stage or watching other people be embarrassed on stage.

But I honestly don't need a song-and-dance show every single night either. What we would like to see is more variety. We really enjoyed the illusionist and the comedy juggler on Magic. My favorite night on Elation was the midnight blues concert (not in the main show room).

If we were 10 years old again would love Hasbro but for adult evening entertainment? Dont know what they pay Hasbro for the right to do this but look around auditorium and it is pretty empty for Hasbro.

Just wondering - but is this double listing maybe part of the way they were doing shows of having the same show on two different nights at different times to accommodate different schedules?

JH mentioned that they are going back to having the same shows twice a night like they used to have it. Wonder if that might then change it to being shown twice in one night...

Our last cruise we went to one, maybe two shows. That wasn't the norm for us since we usually make a point to go every night. All in all though, I have to say that we really enjoyed just finding other things to do. I'm not complaining that the shows were bad, we didn't even try them.

After the Conquest and the bad entertainment, I did switch and have sailed Princess 5 times since in the last 2 years but we are going back to Carnival to experience the 21 day Journey adventures.

The price of our Journey cruises are ridiculously high and paying more for the 21 days on Carnival than I did on Princess for 26 days last year. So to me, it is a cutback but can't say their prices are lower than other lines for sure.

Not sure why you are going on the Journey cruise if it is so expensive so there must be other factors at play.

We are going on a 21 day Journey cruise but mostly because we can easily drive to the port. I really wanted to go on Princess but we have literally saved a few thousand dollars over Princess for a similar cruise. I hope we are not too disappointed in Carnival. We used to love it years ago but haven't sailed with them since 2004 and many things have changed since then.

Not sure why you are going on the Journey cruise if it is so expensive so there must be other factors at play.

We are going on a 21 day Journey cruise but mostly because we can easily drive to the port. I really wanted to go on Princess but we have literally saved a few thousand dollars over Princess for a similar cruise. I hope we are not too disappointed in Carnival. We used to love it years ago but haven't sailed with them since 2004 and many things have changed since then.

Because the Journeys cruises are suppose to be like the cruises of the 80's with special entertainment, special meals, 80's pool parties, special dining menus, etc. Also, they go to ports that we have not been to.

But that has nothing to do with my point or this thread. The thread is about why are they having the Hasbro show as Main Entertainment in the Main Theater for 2 nights on a 7 day cruise.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Just wondering - but is this double listing maybe part of the way they were doing shows of having the same show on two different nights at different times to accommodate different schedules?

JH mentioned that they are going back to having the same shows twice a night like they used to have it. Wonder if that might then change it to being shown twice in one night...

Our last cruise we went to one, maybe two shows. That wasn't the norm for us since we usually make a point to go every night. All in all though, I have to say that we really enjoyed just finding other things to do. I'm not complaining that the shows were bad, we didn't even try them.

Not sure but on then why have it for the main entertainment on two separate nights??? Why not one in the afternoon, which is what the Breeze did. They had one at 3pm and one at 7:15pm.

I'm one of those nut cases that liked Hasbro when I saw it (on the Conquest last year), think it's fine night time entertainment (for me), am happy to see it twice in seven days, and prefer it to most of the big band shows that would otherwise take its place.

I brought my own flamethrower so I can get used to the heat - WHOOOSH!!! :D

I should note that I'm not a kid, don't have kids, and I'm not particularly noted as being a kid at heart. But I do like game shows, and that helps a lot.

That's my opinion on the matter, worth the same two cents as everyone else's.

Enjoyed Hasbro but we are a family. My DD8 won the last show and got a $150 gift card to Hasbro games.

Do you know how many games you can get for $150. Of course it was taxed. :rolleyes:

We just don't cruise for the entertainment, although our upcoming NCL Escape show we are looking forward to the John Hughes 1980 movies show at their supper club.

We enjoyed the American Table meals mostly, nothing was cold and everything was edible.

This is why they can offer such low fares. No investment in entertainment. No lobster. No chocolate. Embarking on and masking once a day steward service. No tablecloths. Swapping out the good food with burgers, ribs, comfort foods. Pay for room service. The list goes on. And on.

Edited by ANGELSwithANGLES

I like the idea of having the Hasbro show in the afternoons, since I think kids like it. But that would force them to come up with something else to do in the main theater that evening, which would cost them money.

If you don't have kids and are considering going to the Hasbro show, you have to carefully consider whether just jumping overboard might be a better option instead.

This is why they can offer such low fares. No investment in entertainment. No lobster. No chocolate. Embarking on and masking once a day steward service. No tablecloths. Swapping out the good food with burgers, ribs, comfort foods. Pay for room service. The list goes on. And on.

Fares aint so low these days. We have two upcoming cruises and it looks like ES is not as useful as in the past.

Still think food is ok but entertainment definitely needs improvement.