Dress Up Nights

conandrob240

Yeah,seems that way. There might not be much difference between them. We'll find out soon enough.

There's a pretty huge difference. Classic, all dining is assigned. Other means you need to book all your reservations yourself or just show up at different venues each night prepared for a possible wait.

Ok - Dec12th will be our first cruise on Anthem. Haven't cruised in 5 years so we are used to old dining set up on Explorer. Our travel agent said we need to make our Dynamic dining reservations ASAP online. But our confirmation doesn't say which type of Dynamic. I made a list of the restaurants on Anthem and broke them into separate lists for complimentary dining (free) and extra cost dining. We would rather do the free dining because the choices of restaurants looks pretty good. We will not be doing dress-up this time as we want it to be an easier relaxing cruise experience. Had the Grande on the free list, but it sounds like that is a formal dining experience, so I will scratch that one off our list. So we picked American Icon Grille, Chic, and Coastal Kitchen as possibilities.

So my questions are this: Do we need to make reservations for every nite in advance? What is the difference between the two types of dynamic? What is this rotation thing - do they assign you a rotation if you do not make reservations in advance?

Thanks for all your help.

Ok - Dec12th will be our first cruise on Anthem. Haven't cruised in 5 years so we are used to old dining set up on Explorer. Our travel agent said we need to make our Dynamic dining reservations ASAP online. But our confirmation doesn't say which type of Dynamic. I made a list of the restaurants on Anthem and broke them into separate lists for complimentary dining (free) and extra cost dining. We would rather do the free dining because the choices of restaurants looks pretty good. We will not be doing dress-up this time as we want it to be an easier relaxing cruise experience. Had the Grande on the free list' date=' but it sounds like that is a formal dining experience, so I will scratch that one off our list. So we picked American Icon Grille, Chic, and Coastal Kitchen as possibilities.

So my questions are this: Do we need to make reservations for every nite in advance? What is the difference between the two types of dynamic? What is this rotation thing - do they assign you a rotation if you do not make reservations in advance?

Thanks for all your help.[/quote']

We too have Dynamic Dining NOT Dynamic Dining Classic.I have asked in earlier posts about reserving restaurants in advance but we don't want to do this as we'd rather see how the day/evening pans out and show up when we feel. I was advised that this is ok but we may have to wait a while for a table (We prefer a table for 2)

Ok - Dec12th will be our first cruise on Anthem. Haven't cruised in 5 years so we are used to old dining set up on Explorer. Our travel agent said we need to make our Dynamic dining reservations ASAP online. But our confirmation doesn't say which type of Dynamic. I made a list of the restaurants on Anthem and broke them into separate lists for complimentary dining (free) and extra cost dining. We would rather do the free dining because the choices of restaurants looks pretty good. We will not be doing dress-up this time as we want it to be an easier relaxing cruise experience. Had the Grande on the free list' date=' but it sounds like that is a formal dining experience, so I will scratch that one off our list. So we picked American Icon Grille, Chic, and Coastal Kitchen as possibilities.

Thanks for all your help.[/quote']

If your travel agent told you to book your dining, then you do not have Classic so you don't have a formal rotation. You need to book each night wherever you'd like to eat or you can just show up and get a table with possibility of a wait.

Coastal Kitchen is for suite guests only so unless you are in a suite, that's not an option for you. The main free dining chooses are Amerucan Icon, Silk, Chic and the Grande. There's also Divinely Decadance but that is a bit less formal and is geared twaors small portions/ low-cal options.