Dress Up Nights

conandrob240

Sailed on quantum in February, there were no set formal nights. Every night at the grande is formal, so it's up to you how many nights if any you wish to go formal and which nights they are. Also, if you plan chefs table I strongly recommend dressing up for that as well.

Edited by Blondynka

Are these answers based on experience? I ask because Duncan S did a live vlog from Anthem last week. The following is an excerpt from that vlog:

"Royal Caribbean have Royal Evenings (there are three on this cruise, but we didn’t know the dates when we booked). On these evenings a ship-wide formal dress code is suggested (but only suggested, and the wording is ‘dress your best’). The ship did feel more formal overall on the first of these days so I would try to co-ordinate future visits to The Grande with one of these evenings so I didn’t feel quite so our of place.

We didn't notice that there were any nights that were more formal as a whole. Maybe it's something they've changed since February. On the other hand we just wanted to go with the flow of our vacation so we went formal on our own schedule. Quantum was still very new at the time so this may be a new thing to keep the formal nights more traditional.

Ok people, SausPud to the rescue, people not sailed yet are giving opinions based on other reviews and information they have read. Not wrong but not accurate.

The Facts -

Grande is formal everynight. But this isn't ship wide, just in the grande.

There is a royal night, dress your best. On an 8 night trip you might get two, but will definitely get one. This night is the second day. So NOT the night you sail out of port (Day 1) but the second night on board (day 2) is when this has happened.

You could get another Royal Night later on in the cruise based on sea days. If you are prepared for the first, then you are already prepared for the second. You can always change dinner reservations once onboard to fit in with the second Royal Night and your Grande dining. All these details are in your cabin upon arrival.

Thank you and good night.

I'm here all week, tey the chicken and don't forget to tip your waiters!

I don't think anyone can say with any certainty what will happen to Anthem once it crosses the Atlantic. The Quantum didn't have Royal Nights - that only started on Anthem. RCI could totally scrap the Royal Nights idea after the crossing. And given the downward spiral in dress for formal nights on other ships in the Caribbean, I'm not sure there would be much participation even if there were Royal Nights. About the only thing you can count on is that The Grande will be formal every night (well, more casual on embarkation night).

Ok people, SausPud to the rescue, people not sailed yet are giving opinions based on other reviews and information they have read. Not wrong but not accurate.

The Facts -

Grande is formal everynight. But this isn't ship wide, just in the grande.

There is a royal night, dress your best. On an 8 night trip you might get two, but will definitely get one. This night is the second day. So NOT the night you sail out of port (Day 1) but the second night on board (day 2) is when this has happened.

You could get another Royal Night later on in the cruise based on sea days. If you are prepared for the first, then you are already prepared for the second. You can always change dinner reservations once onboard to fit in with the second Royal Night and your Grande dining. All these details are in your cabin upon arrival.

Thank you and good night.

I'm here all week, tey the chicken and don't forget to tip your waiters!

Sort of what I said after reading your review 😂

I think you have a rotation set up but can change it .

. That's what my cruise planner says

I'm new to Dynamic Dining but just checked our planner and the only reservations we have are Specialty restaurants I booked online. Are you sure you have Dynamic Dining ?

The top of my planner says that my dining venues will be confirmed once on board so I suspect one night will be grande, American icon etc. .

And they only do dynamic dining on anthem. Apart from speciality like Wonderland etc which we pay extra for

Edited by Iron-Maiden's-No1-Fan

The top of my planner says that my dining venues will be confirmed once on board so I suspect one night will be grande' date=' American icon etc. .

And they only do dynamic dining on anthem. Apart from speciality like Wonderland etc which we pay extra for[/quote']

I'm sure they do Dynamic,which is what we have and Dynamic Classic, which is what you have. They are different.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/blog/dynamic-dining-classic/