Port to Airport: super shuttle or cruise transfer

bahama_mama2015

Trying to decide between booking with super shuttle or booking through carnival for the airport transfer. Super Shuttle is cheaper but is their advantages booking through the cruise? This would be going from the cruise port to the airport. Our flight leaves at 4:30 so we have plenty of time. This is our first cruise! Thanks for any input!

Jess

[quote name='bahama_mama2015']Trying to decide between booking with super shuttle or booking through carnival for the airport transfer. Super Shuttle is cheaper but is their advantages booking through the cruise? This would be going from the cruise port to the airport. Our flight leaves at 4:30 so we have plenty of time. This is our first cruise! Thanks for any input!

Jess[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Which port and airport?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='airboss']Use Carnival Express. They take your luggage to the airport. Take a cab/uber to some sites in your local port in city. Finally enjoy the day in the city you are in.[/QUOTE]

I think if you use Carnival Express then you have to use their transportation. I am not sure about this.

Gary

I have done both Carnival transfers and on my own (shuttle services and taxis)... I recommend booking on your own. Shuttle service tends to be far less aggravating as you are only dealing with a handful of people instead of a bus load and taxi you wait for no one. I have also found that I can book cheaper on my own than paying Carnival rates 99.999% of the time. :D

My parents do Carnival luggage express but don't take the carnival shuttle.
I agree with airboss about doing something fun in the area but if that makes you nervous Carnival does have excursions on the last day that will drop you off at the airport. Sitting around the airport until 4:30 will get really old!

[QUOTE]I think if you use Carnival Express then you have to use their transportation. I am not sure about this.[/QUOTE]

Carnival's Luggage Express is just that, they handle your luggage (which I highly recommend by the way). No need to take the Carnival transfer, unless you want to. :)

Since you have plenty of time, I would recommend against the Carnival transfer. You waste time sitting waiting for the bus to fill up. If you get off the ship fairly early, another option would be to rent a car. That way you can do a bit of sight seeing and you'll have a place for your luggage.

I have used the Carnival transfers a few times but I won't any more. There is a lot of waiting time and I have not been happy with most of our experiences. Once the bus driver even got lost and missed the road to the airport. It took her 20 minutes to find her way back.

Once arriving at the airport we had to wait for over an hour in the baggage claim area while flights landed with a few cruisers on each until there were enough to fill up a bus. We arrived at baggage claim by 9:00am, the ship was already boarding after 11:30am when we got into the terminal.