BREAKING NEWS: Royal Caribbean Announces Air2Sea Program

We just used Choice Air a couple of months ago, and still had the $25pp fee for international travel. That and the $15pp fee for domestic travel have been in place continuously.

You might be thinking of something called the Choice Air Plus fee which was waived for Platinum and higher C&A level. I'm not sure what "Plus" offered, but I believe that fee went away a while ago.

From the FAQ:

Complimentary Air2Sea Plus fee will only be waived once per reservation. The non-refundable $15.00 for travel in US/Canada and $25.00 for International travel for a Air2Sea booking is not refundable. Fees for guests outside of North America are determined by the local Royal Caribbean Cruise Line office. For any additional changes made after the initial request, the normal custom air fee will be applied.

The waived fee is only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor members only. A valid Crown & Anchor Membership Number must be presented to the reservations agent when making your arrangements.

Good to know that the non-refundable fee is not refundable.

Agree with this. We use Choice Air exclusively when booking international flights for cruises. I am the queen of finding the cheapest air travel online and never come close to Choice Air's pricing. We have used it several times with no problems. You can control your reservation after booking picking your seats and even paying for an upgrade to seats.

Good to know.

So that's normally a 5.5k ticket one way? How much did you pay to save that much? If you don't mind answering of course :o

We are booked business class coming back from Amsterdam to Phoenix in May. We paid $1184 usd each. When I went on the airline's website to change seats they wanted $4749 euros each. I'm not sure what the conversion rate is but I would guess it's at least $7500 usd savings for the two of us.

So that's normally a 5.5k ticket one way? How much did you pay to save that much? If you don't mind answering of course :o

No problem. I booked the flights in November and paid $1643pp. When I checked yesterday on AA, the same flight was $6507pp.

The same flights now through ChoiceAir are lower yet.:( But I'm still happy with what we paid.

We are booked business class coming back from Amsterdam to Phoenix in May. We paid $1184 usd each. When I went on the airline's website to change seats they wanted $4749 euros each. I'm not sure what the conversion rate is but I would guess it's at least $7500 usd savings for the two of us.

No problem. I booked the flights in November and paid $1643pp. When I checked yesterday on AA, the same flight was $6507pp.

The same flights now through ChoiceAir are lower yet.:( But I'm still happy with what we paid .

Wow that really is a big difference. Thanks for explaining.

Edited by marci22