What brands and flavors of tea

rdcruisin

At the end of August, the tea on the Grandeur was Fields & Select. The Earl Grey and English Breakfast teas were ok, not great. All other types of tea were awful. Bring your own tea bags to avoid disappointment.

Agree! I'm not a coffee drinker but love tea. We upgraded to the ultimate drink package so I could get specialty teas. I had never tried the Tazo brand, and it was AWFUL. I didn't tray any in the MDR. I plan on bringing my own from now on, just in case I don't like what is served.

I take my teabags with me wherever I want tea. You can request a pot of hot water in the main dining room, and hot water is available in the Windjammer and Promenade Café at the beverage stations.

Junior Suites and above have a coffeemaker and an electric kettle for boiling water. The problem is, the kettle always smells like coffee. I don't know if people use it to keep the coffee hot or something, but it ruins it for boiling water for tea.

The best way to clean a kettle that has scale in it, is to chop up a lemon put in in the kettle (not too full cos it bubbles) and boil it then leave it to cool a while and pour out then rinse a couple of times.

I would think this would probably work with a kettle that smelled of coffee too. Hopefully a kindly waiter or your cabin steward would give you one.

The best way to clean a kettle that has scale in it, is to chop up a lemon put in in the kettle (not too full cos it bubbles) and boil it then leave it to cool a while and pour out then rinse a couple of times.

I would think this would probably work with a kettle that smelled of coffee too. Hopefully a kindly waiter or your cabin steward would give you one.

We typically use vinegar or a commercial tablet made for cleaning scale (at home). On board, we just ask for a different one that doesn't smell of coffee. I think we're laying off junior suites for a while, now, so we won't have a kettle anyway.