Maasdam Alaska Aug 15, 2016 GONE

retafcruiser

:(Looks like they chartered this cruise out from under me. I am booked, but the cruise is missing from all booking sites. I chatted with HAL and they said the cruise is still on the books, but they aren't accepting reservations. It looks like they are going to charter the ship. They can't give me a definite now, but claim they will let me know my options when the charter finalizes.

:(Looks like they chartered this cruise out from under me. I am booked, but the cruise is missing from all booking sites. I chatted with HAL and they said the cruise is still on the books, but they aren't accepting reservations. It looks like they are going to charter the ship. They can't give me a definite now, but claim they will let me know my options when the charter finalizes.

Sorry to hear this. I hope you will be able to reschedule.

We're on the August 29th sailing. Come join us!

Really??? How does that even happen?? We are going on the 1st August - come with us!!:)

Sadly for us cruisers, most of the cruise lines will charter whenever they can. They make a lot of money on charters and for all companies, that is the bottom line. HAL is by far not the only that does this.

The good part at least OP learned of it early before they made any air or hotel reservations. Lots of advance notice in this case.

Well, I got the email today from HAL officially cancelling the voyage. They offered rebooking in equivalent cabins and a cruise credit based on category booked. I think they gave until late October to contact them.

IMHO you want to get busy rebooking as soon as you can. Who knows how many others got canceled from your sailing, right? And how full (or not) the other 14-day RT Seattle sailings are?

Well, I got the email today from HAL officially cancelling the voyage. They offered rebooking in equivalent cabins and a cruise credit based on category booked. I think they gave until late October to contact them.

You will want to get started on rebooking a cruise SOON.

When HAL cancelled our November 14 day 2015 cruise because they were keeping her longer in Europe, we were only given a couple of days and very little choices to select a new cruise from.

Oh that is soo cool!! Look forward to chatting on the Massdam Roll Call. :) Twink

Us too. This was actually my first choice but our cabin would have been more expensive. Now we have the same suite at a lower price. Worked out well for us. Will join you on the roll call.