Exclusions to explore 4 beverages?

I know that drinks must not exceed $8 in price and the beverages on Moon Cay and the in- room mini bar are excluded from the beverage package.

Are there any other locations or situations where drinks/beverages would not be included in the package?

Marcia

Temporary or improvised setups where they don't have a swipe terminal. Like a table with bottles of water when leaving the ship, or drinks they serve on deck when they open up the bow of the ship.

On my last cruise with E4, in May, we were able to purchase water when leaving the ship and use the SBP. But I've also experienced that it can't be done. All I can suggest is ask the beverage person at the time whether it's covered or not.

On my last cruise with E4, in May, we were able to purchase water when leaving the ship and use the SBP. But I've also experienced that it can't be done. All I can suggest is ask the beverage person at the time whether it's covered or not.

Or stock up the day before by getting bottle water from one of the bars and don't worry about the gangway water sellers.

I returned a short while ago from NCL cruise on which I had Unlimited Beverage Program. It included all beverages prices either $11 or $12 which includes just about any drink most would commonly order. In addition, if one were to order something that did cost more, they would credit the allowed amount and bill only for the overage. I think that is a nice feature making it superior to HAL's.

I know that drinks must not exceed $8 in price and the beverages on Moon Cay and the in- room mini bar are excluded from the beverage package.

Are there any other locations or situations where drinks/beverages would not be included in the package?

Marcia

I have never ordered any kind of beverage other than regular coffee from Room Service, but I suspect that Room Service beverages (other than the complimentary ones) might not be covered. For example, if you ordered a Mimosa and a latte from Room Service, the SBP wouldn't cover them, I suspect.

It is true that drinks like sodas are not covered by SBP if ordered from Room Service. Just returned from Zuiderdam and had several dinners with Room Service. But the cost was worth paying since it meant I could stay off my feet after a busy day of touring.Happy that RS is still complimentary.:p

I returned a short while ago from NCL cruise on which I had Unlimited Beverage Program. It included all beverages prices either $11 or $12 which includes just about any drink most would commonly order. In addition, if one were to order something that did cost more, they would credit the allowed amount and bill only for the overage. I think that is a nice feature making it superior to HAL's.

Actually - I think HAL's SBP is better. NCL's UBP now requires that you pay an 18% service charge at time of final payment and the UBP does not include lattes, cappuccinos or bottled water.

It is true that drinks like sodas are not covered by SBP if ordered from Room Service. Just returned from Zuiderdam and had several dinners with Room Service. But the cost was worth paying since it meant I could stay off my feet after a busy day of touring.Happy that RS is still complimentary.:p

Thanks for confirming. I completely agree about staying off one's feet :)