Do legal adults need letter?

pls5286

We are sailing on the Breeze in April. Me, DH, DS19, DSS19, DD13. The boys will have their own room on the ship. Booked DS19 and DH in the same room and me, DSS19, DD13 are in one room. Booked this way for Cheers and to have a returning cruiser in each room.

I know I need a letter from DD dad for us to leave the country with her. My question is do we need one for DSS19 from his mom since Carnival does not consider him an adult? She will not cooperate with us for this. I don't have to deal with this with DS19 because I am the only parent listed on his birth certificate.

TIA

Your 19 year olds are good. They are adults and Carnival does consider then as such.

I am guessing you say Carnival doesn't consider them adults because they don't allow them to drink. On land they are considered adults but are not allowed to drink. And yes before I am flamed I do understand that the ship is flagged foreign and not governed by US laws.

Your 19 year olds are good. They are adults and Carnival does consider then as such.

I am guessing you say Carnival doesn't consider them adults because they don't allow them to drink. On land they are considered adults but are not allowed to drink. And yes before I am flamed I do understand that the ship is flagged foreign and not governed by US laws.

I was thinking Carnival not thinking of them as legal adults because they still have to book with mom and dad or someone over 25. The boys and my DH and myself have extensively discussed the no drinking on board issue extensively. They realize they can at port but must not get drunk because if they get unruly etc, they can be put off the ship.

Thanks for your reply! We don't have to deal with DSS's mom because she would do everything in her power to make him not go since he moved out of her house and in with dad.

Right from Carnival FAQ

"Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian

The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly

When minors (18 and under) are not traveling with a relative, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel.

Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children."

hope it helps

We are sailing on the Breeze in April. Me, DH, DS19, DSS19, DD13. The boys will have their own room on the ship. Booked DS19 and DH in the same room and me, DSS19, DD13 are in one room. Booked this way for Cheers and to have a returning cruiser in each room.

I know I need a letter from DD dad for us to leave the country with her. My question is do we need one for DSS19 from his mom since Carnival does not consider him an adult? She will not cooperate with us for this. I don't have to deal with this with DS19 because I am the only parent listed on his birth certificate.

TIA

He is an adult, no one can deny him permission to leave the country if he wants to go. A letter is of no effect and means nothing.