Questions on the suite concierge services

cruzincanuck

We are spoiling ourselves with a loft suite this coming January to mark a birthday milestone (Hubby's mid century b-day :D) and this is the 1st time we will be able to benefit from the services of the suite concierge. This leads me to a few questions:

1) Can he take care of reserving the specialty restaurants prior to our cruise? I read I could email the concierge before our cruise. 1 week before ? or can I do so a little earlier as we will on cruise the week prior. We have OBC that I want to use.

2) Can he take care of booking excursions for us once we board or must we go to the excursion desk?

3) Can he get us a bridge tour? I would love to surprise my husband with one.

4) Can we reserve prior to the cruise the nights we would like to dine at Coastal Kitchen?

I am also curious as to what services/requests that were met by cruisers from the suite concierge

Thanks for your help

1) Can he take care of reserving the specialty restaurants prior to our cruise? I read I could email the concierge before our cruise. 1 week before ? or can I do so a little earlier as we will on cruise the week prior. We have OBC that I want to use.

Thanks for your help

Not so sure about that. Yes, even if he could reserve these restaurants, you would be charged at the time of booking. You wouldn't be able to use the OBC to pay for them. I just booked a couple of specialties and my credit card was charged for them. Now, if you're booking ala carte, ie, sabor and izumi sushi, then there is no charge at booking so you could use OBC.

I believe that would also apply to booking excursions as well.

Congrats on the suite you will love it, concierge is very handy with anything you need, I still would book restaurants and shore excursions before hand just in case since they could fill up. but once asked him about one that was filled and he was able to get us on it. only problem with suite is you never want to go back to anything smaller.

If you want to use your OBC for specialty dining, you have to wait until you board. But the concierge can make the reservations for you and as long as you are flexible on day and time, you should have no problems.

Yes to #2 and #3.

The concierge will email you about a week or so before the cruise. When we get our email at the end of October, I am definitely asking about Coastal Kitchen. I know we want to eat there the first night so I feel certain he will do that reservation for us. Not sure about the other nights but it seems no one has had any real problems getting in there when they wanted.

Thank you all for your responses :D

I will wait until we board to book our specialty restaurants and excursions with the concierge as I want to use our OBC

I will email the concierge before our cruise for the bridge tour and reservations for Coastal Kitchen :)

Now, where can I find the email address for the Oasis concierge ? I will be on a cruise the week before our Oasis cruise so I was hoping to email him/her before I leave on our 1st week of cruise on the Navigator.

Thanks

Thank you all for your responses :D

I will wait until we board to book our specialty restaurants and excursions with the concierge as I want to use our OBC

I will email the concierge before our cruise for the bridge tour and reservations for Coastal Kitchen :)

Now, where can I find the email address for the Oasis concierge ? I will be on a cruise the week before our Oasis cruise so I was hoping to email him/her before I leave on our 1st week of cruise on the Navigator.

Thanks

Email addresses (there are two) are in this document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

We were on the Oasis in an OS and my brother was in a CLS, in January. The concierges worked magic. We never had a problem eating at CK, we had to be flexible on time but never an issue booking it in the morning for that night. We never had an issue booking anything we really wanted. You must do the Chef's Table it is fantastic. The only things we pre-booked were the comedy show, prohibition party, and cabanas on Barefoot Beach.

Hope I'm not hijacking - have a related question. We were on a suite on the Indy and met the concierge the first day. He asked if there was anything we needed and being that he prompted me, I mentioned that I didn't get my rented shoes to go with my tux, and about a mechanical issue with our cabin. He wrote our info down and said he would look into it.

Nothing happened, so the next day I called and got the mechanically issue fixed, and the first formal night I called and got a pair of shoes. Otherwise the concierge did a great job and I attributed the oversight to the fact that there were a large number of D+ people on that cruise (standing room only in the CL in the evenings). Never thought about it again until ready this thread.

Now I'm wondering if I was out of line in making those requests of the Concierge?

Hope I'm not hijacking - have a related question. We were on a suite on the Indy and met the concierge the first day. He asked if there was anything we needed and being that he prompted me, I mentioned that I didn't get my rented shoes to go with my tux, and about a mechanical issue with our cabin. He wrote our info down and said he would look into it.

Nothing happened, so the next day I called and got the mechanically issue fixed, and the first formal night I called and got a pair of shoes. Otherwise the concierge did a great job and I attributed the oversight to the fact that there were a large number of D+ people on that cruise (standing room only in the CL in the evenings). Never thought about it again until ready this thread.

Now I'm wondering if I was out of line in making those requests of the Concierge?

You were not out of line, the Concierge is there to help you.

You can just see the CK hostess after boarding, she/he can make all your resis's right there on their pc, even for the SR'S. Don't need the C for that

This is good to know. I was thinking I would have to go to all the specialty restaurants on the first day and make reservations for the week. It will be nice to get all of our reservations taken care of in one place. I thought I could book with the concierge the week before but I don't want to be charged ahead of time. We also have OBC that we want to use. Is the hostess located in front of the restaurant part of the suite lounge?

This is good to know. I was thinking I would have to go to all the specialty restaurants on the first day and make reservations for the week. It will be nice to get all of our reservations taken care of in one place. I thought I could book with the concierge the week before but I don't want to be charged ahead of time. We also have OBC that we want to use. Is the hostess located in front of the restaurant part of the suite lounge?

The hostess podium is just inside the starboard side entrance to the suite lounge.

Wow Great document !! Thanks for sharing :D

You can just see the CK hostess after boarding, she/he can make all your resis's right there on their pc, even for the SR'S. Don't need the C for that

Great tip :D

We were on the Oasis in an OS and my brother was in a CLS, in January. The concierges worked magic. We never had a problem eating at CK, we had to be flexible on time but never an issue booking it in the morning for that night. We never had an issue booking anything we really wanted. You must do the Chef's Table it is fantastic. The only things we pre-booked were the comedy show, prohibition party, and cabanas on Barefoot Beach.

We had not yet done the Chef's Table. Sounds like a super idea for this cruise :D.

We always go ahead and make our own reservations prior to cruise. But yes he/she will,always try and help you with any changes you might request. Often suite guest get Galley tours. Don't miss that.

Thanks for the tip on the Galley tour. We've had the chance to do a few but never on an Oasis class. This cruise I am really hoping to get a bridge tour and I am so glad to know that the concierge can set it up :D :D

Not sure even the Concierge can organise a bridge tour, sometimes it happens but often it does not.

They like you to pay for these things nowadays via the All access tour.

We've had the concierge arrange for us to join the bridge part of the All-Access tour.

On the Oasis last thanksgiving suite guests had a choice of a bridge tour, kitchen tour, or entertainment tour. there may have been a fourth option but I don't remember it. There was a card delivered to our room that we had to return. It listed the choices and times they would take place.

IME the tours (Bridge, galley, Theater) are always offered to D+ and Pin´s.

Suites can be included but not always are.

Some ships offer galley and Theater tours to all.

Especially Galley tours can be part of other promotions as well, like sometimes for buying the cook book, or as part of Chef´s table or a specialty restaurant brunch offer.