How long for Celebrity to reply to email

catperson02

I emailed Celebrity some 3 weeks ago after having no joy sorting out an issue over the phone. I had held for almost an hour at 7p per minute and the advisors who I eventually spoke to were unable/unwilling to help. I received an automated email reply immediately but after that - nothing.

Is this common? Should I email again? The email I used was customerserviceuk@celebritycruises.com, is there another which is more likely to get a response

This is my first cruise with Celebrity and there have been so many issues with the booking - all errors on their part and they have not been particularly helpful when I have contacted them to try and resolve. I know I will enjoy my cruise to the Baltic but I doubt I will consider them again.

Thanks for the advice, its a case of what I interpreted the agent saying regarding price drops when I booked direct with them over the phone and what is apparently their rule on UK bookings. The agent concerned no longer works for celebrity and they are holding to their guns. Yes I was happy with the price when I booked. Also so far 3 errors in the booking where things have not been correct.

The agent implied that price drops would be honoured (neglected to say that the deposit of several hundred pounds would be lost) errors - 123 go perks not put on booking (twice), dining preference incorrect. Small errors I know and they have all been put right now but they do not inspire faith and I was made to feel a nuisance when I rang (on a premium rate number) to get things corrected. OK so I was not told false information just maybe I asked my questions wrongly.

I know, the moral of the story is to use a TA which I will do next time. Lets just say I have paid for my naivety.

I emailed Celebrity some 3 weeks ago after having no joy sorting out an issue over the phone. I had held for almost an hour at 7p per minute and the advisors who I eventually spoke to were unable/unwilling to help. I received an automated email reply immediately but after that - nothing.

Is this common? Should I email again? The email I used was customerserviceuk@celebritycruises.com, is there another which is more likely to get a response

This is my first cruise with Celebrity and there have been so many issues with the booking - all errors on their part and they have not been particularly helpful when I have contacted them to try and resolve. I know I will enjoy my cruise to the Baltic but I doubt I will consider them again.

You will get a response in something between a couple weeks and never. Email them again. Also might try an app on your phone - several exist including Talkatone - - and call the USA for .01US a minute. Also ALWAYS use a TA in the UK for a reservation with any cruise company.