Unlimited Specialty Dining Question

Cruisenut 25

There were two Specialty Dining tables setup when we were boarding our last cruise. One before we got onto the ship in the terminal and then one inside the ship after we receive our Welcome Champagne.

We booked our package at the table inside. Another couple, not wanting to wait for us to book all our dining times, proceeded to Murano and booked there as well.

If you miss those tables or they're too crowded, no worries. Head to any of the specialty restaurants. They can do it for you there. Also they can make arrangements for any and all restaurants at one place. The specialty restaurants are all linked. You can go to Tuscan and change your night at Murano, etc.

I wasn't aware there was an unlimited specialty package. I just logged into my cruise (14 night Eclipse), and it only shows the 3 or 5 dining package. Where do I find out if this is offered on a particular cruise? What is the cost?

Thanks!

I emailed specialty dining and they booked ahead for me for our January cruise.

LUCKY YOU - I had TA try to pre-book UDP and was told 'only on ship', even went to Cel sale rep, no help.

Depends on who answers the phone or if you push hard enough apparently.

I wasn't aware there was an unlimited specialty package. I just logged into my cruise (14 night Eclipse), and it only shows the 3 or 5 dining package. Where do I find out if this is offered on a particular cruise? What is the cost?

Thanks!

The Unlimited Dining Package is not offered on line nor does it show

anything about it on line either. I booked this package last November

while on Reflection. It was 29.00 per day and was good for all the

Specialty Restaurants.

You need to book this particular package after you board the ship.

I emailed specialty dining and they booked ahead for me for our January cruise.

Really? You paid up front for the Unlimited Dining Package? That must

be something new because previously this was never allowed. I sailed

Reflection last November and it was only available to book after you

boarded the ship.

Really? You paid up front for the Unlimited Dining Package? That must

be something new because previously this was never allowed. I sailed

Reflection last November and it was only available to book after you

boarded the ship.

I guess I misunderstood the question, I have unlimited specialty dining with the suite and prebooked my reservations through the specialty dining. Sorry for the confusion:o

Hi Lois,

At the end of the week did you feel like you got your money's worth with this package? I'm aiming for it this November. Also, I think I came across one of your reviews while trying to check out concierge 1044 for a possible upgrade. If that was your cabin, was it quiet and when you looked down were there any lifeboats? Thanks!

Hi Lois,

At the end of the week did you feel like you got your money's worth with this package? I'm aiming for it this November. Also, I think I came across one of your reviews while trying to check out concierge 1044 for a possible upgrade. If that was your cabin, was it quiet and when you looked down were there any lifeboats? Thanks!

Hi, yes I thought it was a very good value and yes, I felt like I got my

money's worth...S class ships have so many more dining venues.

As for my cabin.....I honestly don't recall any issues....but it has

been almost a year since that cruise:eek:...lifeboats? From deck 10?

Nothing that I remember.

Purple tequila:

We have done the ultimate dining on the last 3 Reflection salings and really enjoyed it. We were on with lois from the post above and ate at Tuscan with her one of the evenings. The only thing do not know is if the new porch vunue is included? It is now seafood and other options but is 25.00 vive the 7.00 it used to be. Will find out in January. No life boat issues from deck 10. I need an accessible cabin so we always book 1022 - 1028, the 4 accessible concierges.

Hi, yes I thought it was a very good value and yes, I felt like I got my

money's worth...S class ships have so many more dining venues.

As for my cabin.....I honestly don't recall any issues....but it has

been almost a year since that cruise:eek:...lifeboats? From deck 10?

Nothing that I remember.

Wonderful. Thank you!

Purple tequila:

We have done the ultimate dining on the last 3 Reflection salings and really enjoyed it. We were on with lois from the post above and ate at Tuscan with her one of the evenings. The only thing do not know is if the new porch vunue is included? It is now seafood and other options but is 25.00 vive the 7.00 it used to be. Will find out in January. No life boat issues from deck 10. I need an accessible cabin so we always book 1022 - 1028, the 4 accessible concierges.

Thanks, Sonoma. I'm really hoping to nab this UDP. It's my goal this year. lol I think I was on the same cruise as you guys but I'm pretty shy in person so I never got to the get together parties. Working on that too as I cruise every year with Celeb and it would be nice to hook up with some of you.

I imagine The Porch would be included but I guess I will find out in 7 short weeks. ;)

And now that you told me you get those cabins, my parents are booked in 1028. Is it a decent size with the larger balcony and did you have bad flooding issues in the shower or did you just create a towel dam to deal with that?

This itemizes out by ship what the unlimited package covers, as well as pricing or specialties and multi night specialties, pricing does vary by ship. Porch IS included.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11024491_CEL_SpecialtyDiningPck_Flyer2.pdf

Edited by cle-guy

This itemizes out by ship what the unlimited package covers, as well as pricing or specialties and multi night specialties, pricing does vary by ship. Porch IS included.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11024491_CEL_SpecialtyDiningPck_Flyer2.pdf

I went to your link (thank you) and saw this for the Reflection. "The Porch: Unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner"

Can we safely assume that since this was a breakfast and lunch place PRE switch over to seafood, that the tested concept passed and The Porch is now officially seafood and in fact open for all 3?

And the $29 is not inclusive of the 18% gratuity, correct? So it totals at roughly $250?

Edited by purpletequila

Can we safely assume that since this was a breakfast and lunch place PRE switch over to seafood, that the tested concept passed and The Porch is now officially seafood and in fact open for all 3?

My understanding is that The Porch is no longer open for breakfast now that it has switched over to a Seafood place. This is based on dailies that people have posted that show the hours for the Porch (lunch and then dinner), and NOT first hand experience.

My understanding is that The Porch is no longer open for breakfast now that it has switched over to a Seafood place. This is based on dailies that people have posted that show the hours for the Porch (lunch and then dinner), and NOT first hand experience.

Oh really? That's too bad. I enjoyed their breakfast panini but obviously the dailies aren't wrong if you saw them.

.........$29 is not inclusive of the 18% gratuity, correct? So it totals at roughly $250?

The Ultimate dining Package is $29/pp/per day and includes all gratuities. It must be purchased on Day 1 (if available) and for every day of the cruise i.e. a 7 night cruise UDP will cost $203/per person

Edited by mickey89

I went to your link (thank you) and saw this for the Reflection. "The Porch: Unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner"

And the $29 is not inclusive of the 18% gratuity, correct? So it totals at roughly $250?

No, it was not 250.00....it was 203.00 for me for a 7 night cruise.

First time on Celebrity. I booked Aqua class which includes dinner at Blu. Everyone says the meals there are fabulous. I never even considered seeing what specialty restaurants are on board (Infinity) but after reading these posts I'm curious. Would you forgo a meal at Blu to try a specialty restaurant. Would you buy a package? If you were going to have only one meal in a specialty restaurant which restaurant would it be?

First time on Celebrity. I booked Aqua class which includes dinner at Blu. Everyone says the meals there are fabulous. I never even considered seeing what specialty restaurants are on board (Infinity) but after reading these posts I'm curious. Would you forgo a meal at Blu to try a specialty restaurant. Would you buy a package? If you were going to have only one meal in a specialty restaurant which restaurant would it be?

I tried Blu a few times and didn't really care for it. Too health conscious and somewhat plain for me I guess so in the past I always bought at least a 3 day package and last November I had the 5. I'm not doing that again because A) Celebrity tells you which restaurants you can go to and actually picks it the first night and B) You can negotiate a better price booking daily direct through the restaurants or outside of the buffet where they are usually set up begging for customers.

If I had to pick one? Normandie. Absolutely fantastic. My only gripe is it really is a 2 hour event.